[Discussion] Sona Item Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karnikula

09-22-2010

shurelyas
merc or swift boots
soul shroud
spiritvisage
mejais
zhonyas

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

Spirit Visage seems lackluster, since it won't help you heal others.

I'm thinking a core build of Mejai, Boots, Shroud. Aegis is an option, though your tank might already be getting it, which means its situational.

Stratosphere

09-22-2010

The main reason I like SV so much is cause it's dirt cheap. It also gives a slight amount of hp, cdr, and mres. The passive is just a bonus. From an efficiency standpoint it's very hard to argue against SV and on top of that almost any damage that does get to you as Sona is likely to be magical (as long as you've positioned yourself correctly).

The only other items that you could get to max cdr would be Glacial, Shurelia's, DFG (or Fiendish), Randuin's, or Stinger (Nashor's).

Glacial is a waste because it overshoots the necessary cdr (provided you got SS) and gives armor and mana. Mana is useful but armor is not because Sona shouldnt be getting auto attacked in the first place

Shurelia's Is just a terrible item in general for reasons I've already outlined. SS > Shurelia's any day of the week.

DFG and/or Fiendish are ok but again stacking AP is not as effective on Sona because of her poor AP ratios.

Randuin's would be an ok option as well but the on-hit debuff is wasted on Sona because again you should not be in a position to be getting hit.

Stinger (Nashor's) is just a terrible item in general on Sona.

Pyroteknik

09-22-2010

Has anyone tried Lich Bane on Sona yet? I can't help but think that with your constant spamming and stacking with your passive, all of a sudden you get a lot of damage through your auto-attacks. The problem is that I also want Tear, Rod of Ages, Soulstealer, and some CDR in my build, and haven't been able to find an item route that satisfies enough of that.

Kamirga

09-22-2010

I personally love locket on her, i don't start with mana manip though, i rush catalyst then either boots 1 or just finish locket, i find with yellow mp5(scaling of course) seals and locket i basically never run out of mana, then i might rush soul shroud or mejais or zhonya's all depending on the game

Core build being
Locket
Boots(usually merc or tabi)
Soul Shroud
Zhonyas
Mejais
GA/BV/insert other survivability item here

crimsonlyre

09-22-2010

Merc Treads, Soul Shroud, Aegis, Sunfire Capes

Super aura Sona who is constantly offering aura buffs, but u dont want to kill... cause she's the tank.

Valhirien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonlyre View Post
Merc Treads, Soul Shroud, Aegis, Sunfire Capes

Super aura Sona who is constantly offering aura buffs, but u dont want to kill... cause she's the tank.
I bet you didn't play such build cause ur mana pool would just suck so badly that she's almost unplayable.

And Stratosphere, u're comparing wrong items dude, Shurelya's >> SV, not SS; u should get both SS and Shurelya's. Aegis is overrated.

Xenotime Gaze

09-22-2010

personally, i feel that one of sona's strengths when i played her was her incredible versatility. In the games i have played as her, i've generally ended up building differently every time. The first game i played i ended up building an AA first, which solved her mana problems instantaneously. i was unable to build other offesnive items due to the fact that my team was stomping them early game both in kills and towers. i've also started off with Spirit visage, which i feel is an excellent item on her, especially combined with Locket. With spirit visage alone and good coordination with my teammate Vlad, we dominated our lane despite the fact that the opposing Sona/Yi were excellent harassers. once i had locket, this became even more apparent. Honestly, i feel that both these items are excellent on Sona. Depending on the opposing team composition, i might suggest 1 or even both items as options.

Smellis

09-22-2010

I bought locket the first few times i played her but now i dont. Its a nice item to be sure especially with the 10% CD reduction. But at the end of the day sona really shines when shes got some AP to buff up her heals. So i've been going with tear instead of locket, the mana regen is roughly the same once you get it built into staff from what i could tell (never ran out of mana with either locket or staff).

So the last game i tried with her and did pretty well was:

Meki + health pots
Tear + boots
Start either catalyst for RoA or mejai if im doing really well in assists
Merc treads
Finish either RoA or AA staff by end game depending on how the game is going (roa if im taking a lot of heat)

Most games I havn't had last that long to worry about any other items. But I can guess that zonya's will be the way to go with further survival items like banshee's or spirit shroud.

Im gonna try more cool down reduction based items next time instead of building for AP first to see how that goes. Not too optimistic about it seeing as her spells are pretty low CD anyhow and you can't fire them without waiting a little bit one right after another.