Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Motas' Item Discussion W1 Abyssal Scepter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

Recruiter

09-22-2010

So I've been around awhile and I figured I'd put together a guide that shows which items can be used on which champions and still be viable. So I've come to the community for their opinion, I'll be posting one item every week, and so for this week:

ABYSSAL SCEPTER

Champs that have been verified to be viable with:
Amumu
Blitzcrank
Cho'Gath
Fiddlesticks
Galio
Kassadin
Karthus
Katarina
Kennen
Mordekaiser
Morgana
Nunu
Rammus(???)
Singed
Sion
Vladimir

Your job as the community is to help me come up with a list of all the champions you feel will be viable.

Thanks in advance
Let the fun begin
-Motas

LotusBlue

09-22-2010

amumu, fiddle, galio, karthus, katarina, kennen, morgana, nunu, singed, sion, and vladimir probably benefit the most.

Why? Because they have a close ranged nuke or nukes, and could usually use the extra MR.

Lorifel

Recruiter

09-22-2010

Rammus and Cho for the same reason
Plus it is good on anybody stacking Sunfires

zeirios

09-22-2010

Kassadin. 2/3 of your offensive spells require you to be in range. You can still cast silence from melee range so you could say 2.5/3. The MR will help you from getting bursted down by pesky casters and AP always helps of course.

I would NOT get this on rammus or amumu since you should be building them as tanks. I don't think it will be particularly viable on Morgana either since you should be at range when casting snare/soil. Your ult's main purpose is to slow/stun/cause chaos not nuke people as much I think.

PerAnon

09-22-2010

Quote:
zeirios:
I would NOT get this on rammus or amumu since you should be building them as tanks.

Remember, Abyssal gives a big chunk of MR in addition to the AP and aura. It is an excellent Amumu item, as you can force your opponents to sit in it, and all Amumu's damage is magic anyway.

Abyssal is a fine tank item, since you can get in the fray - just make sure the AP isn't useless on you.

Vydelar

09-22-2010

AP or manatank blitz mid/early late game. He drags someone to melee anyway, and although he doesn't get as much out of it as some, the fact that his ult has a cooldown that will be ready pretty much every other rocket grab [which incidentally pulls the person into the huge pileup of people that might have ap abilities] it makes a good defensive item for the metal guy