Ryze's Rune Prison failure if sight of target is lost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Deluxe

02-24-2013

I've spent the last few weeks here playing a lot of games as Ryze and I've noticed a very odd occurrence regarding Rune Prison.

What seems to happen is if I attempt to Rune Prison a champion who I suddenly lose vision of (for example: runs around a corner/into brush, flashes out of sight range, or activates an ability that causes them to suddenly stealth (such as Kha'zix)), the ability will go on cooldown as if it was successful, however, once I regain vision of the champion, their movement seems unimpaired and no snare or damage has seemed to take place.

Now this does NOT seem to happen if I cast Rune Prison as a summoner uses a flash or flash-like ability (Ezreal's Arcane Shift for example) and I maintain vision of them; the snare and damage still occurs after the flash does.

Ryze's other abilities (Overload and Spell Flux) do not seem to behave in this manner. If I cast either of these abilities as I lose sight of the champion, either:
A) The ability is successful and follows the target
B) The ability is unsuccessful but does NOT go on cooldown

I feel like this is not how Rune Prison should normally behave, however I could certainly be mistaken. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icypolefreak

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deluxe View Post
I've spent the last few weeks here playing a lot of games as Ryze and I've noticed a very odd occurrence regarding Rune Prison.

What seems to happen is if I attempt to Rune Prison a champion who I suddenly lose vision of (for example: runs around a corner/into brush, flashes out of sight range, or activates an ability that causes them to suddenly stealth (such as Kha'zix)), the ability will go on cooldown as if it was successful, however, once I regain vision of the champion, their movement seems unimpaired and no snare or damage has seemed to take place.

Now this does NOT seem to happen if I cast Rune Prison as a summoner uses a flash or flash-like ability (Ezreal's Arcane Shift for example) and I maintain vision of them; the snare and damage still occurs after the flash does.

Ryze's other abilities (Overload and Spell Flux) do not seem to behave in this manner. If I cast either of these abilities as I lose sight of the champion, either:
A) The ability is successful and follows the target
B) The ability is unsuccessful but does NOT go on cooldown

I feel like this is not how Rune Prison should normally behave, however I could certainly be mistaken. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
If you had bothered to look around a bit, you might have noticed 100+ other threads regarding this.

Riot has seen the bug and are releasing a patch soon