Educational replay analysis - submissions welcome

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-19-2012

I comment on combat, strategy, and builds. I frequently use pause, rewind, and slow motion in my explanations.

If people want me to I will analyze submitted replays, or I will continue to upload my own replays, or replays of other high Elo players (with permission). I plan to do at least one replay a week. If you have a replay you want analyzed either post it here or send it it my youtube acccount. Please include a brief description of the game, or something in particular you want me to comment on.

Here's my first commentated replay. It's a game of me playing poorly on Fizz. Feedback on my commentary and analysis is welcome.

At some point I might start streaming.

Elalya

09-19-2012

You're not very...

...insightful?

Don't take it the wrong way, I appreciate what you're trying to do here but comments like

Quote:
We lost because Twitch bought no items!
or
Quote:
Killing Poppy is good because Poppy is very strong
are kind of silly, especially when you pause the game to say it.

inFe eD

09-19-2012

Personally, I approve of his pointing out the need to kill every Poppy everywhere, always.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

But that poppy passive! She won't be able to use her passive if you never hit her.

You also need to adjust the sound balance. Your voice should always be the loudest thing with low game sounds in the background.

SylianEUW

09-20-2012

Remove the music. Your voice needs to be louder. As it is now, it's very hard to hear you, especially with the background music playing.

DiscworldDeath

09-20-2012

People get better as they practice. Keep practising.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
People get better as they practice. Keep practising.
As a music teacher I tell this to anyone who says it's all about being gifted with talent. I wholeheartedly endorse this.

I also tell my students to only practice on the days they eat(Suzuki method).

Hamm3rhand

09-20-2012

try adding the fast forward to your pause, rewind, and slow motion actions. Scan the video beforehand and mark down specific things that you want to talk about (big plays, important happenings, and any item builds at various points in the game). This serves two purposes - it lets you collect your thoughts so you don't pause as much, and it also then lets you fast forward over the parts where there isn't anything going on - for example the first part where you are just running out to the windmill fight. You could just introduce yourself, fast forward to the windmill fight and THEN start talking about how twitch didn't buy items and xin started with a kindlegem.

This will help you in two ways. First, it will make you talk a bit faster, which will make you sound more excited and authoritative as you "know" exactly which parts of the game will be interesting to viewers. Also, it will make your video shorter. Really most people won't have the time or interest to sit and watch a 34 minute video of a random dominion game. If you could cut it down to say, 15 minutes or 10 even, then it would be much more watchable, and still impart the same amount of information.

Elalya

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Personally, I approve of his pointing out the need to kill every Poppy everywhere, always.
Heartless.

Reikken

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand View Post
*post*
this this this this this
the most important thing. It's hard to watch videos that don't follow this