Reporting in Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supra Mark IV

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatastroFŁÁk View Post
Maybe a vote to kick player in Champion Select Lobby option would be great. Where everyone agrees to kick/boot someone or troll that can harm your team. This is a great idea, you have my vote and bump. (:
Here is a wonderful example.

http://i.imgur.com/J3fiG.jpg

J Learned Hand

09-22-2012

I like this idea. I've also thought it would be useful to have people q for specific roles, at least in 5s solo q. Most of the trolling that goes on is a result of people not getting the role they want, but that can easily be avoided if everyone were to select what they wanted beforehand and then only one of each role were assigned to the match. It's basically the same idea as the dungeon q in WoW, except the roles would be top, mid, jungle, bot carry, and bot support.

It might mean longer q times (since less people would probably q for support), but I'd gladly wait a minute or two longer if it means less games wasted/ruined by redundant troll picks. Plus, there would be a natural incentive to pick support because that would result in faster q pops for the player.

The other downside is that it assumes the current meta to a certain extent. But again, I don't think this would be much of an issue since any divergence from the standard meta, which would likely be rare anyway, could easily be dealt with by the team during champ select.

The benefit is that everyone would get the role they want, so there would be no reason to troll unless that was what the player was there to do in the first place, in which case you probably couldn't stop them anyway. Trolls will be trolls.

PureGG

09-22-2012

I like the idea of the specific roles for solo que, exactly like WoW. In WoW, if your a healer, you get faster que times, if your a dps (Which like 75% of people are) you have really slow que times, but if your a tank, 9 times outa 10 your gonna get insta que.. I feel that would be the same for supports. Maybe they could implement a way for people to have more incentive to play support, but it would be a good idea.
That being said, if you chose to counter top lets say with an adc (Just an example) that would cause problems because if your que'd for top, you can only chose top champs. But if they allow you to chose all champs, then this solves no problems.. Like I've said before, it is a very delicate balance to be dealt with, but it needs to change.

PureGG

09-22-2012

bump

Prevaid

09-22-2012

Agree! Down with the trolls... Make the game more enjoyable for the people who have limited time to play... Rather not waste most of my night getting into a que with Trundles auto locking with revive / Promote.

PureGG

09-22-2012

Yeah I'm sick of the trolls as well.. what I've learned about ranked so far... don't play on the weekends, thats when the trolls troll hard... but that shouldn't be a problem in a game like this, we need to make it so when we play on the weekends (Cuz most of us are busy during the week) we can play a good game, and not one with, like you say, a trundle autolocking with revive/promote.

PureGG

09-23-2012

Bump

biIbo

09-23-2012

I hate trolls, afkers, and believe this would be a fantastic idea to implement.

Genocide Giraffe

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGG View Post
I just thought of another system to prevent so many trolls, for ranked at least.
For those who play just for fun will probably disagree with this, but if any of you are like me, and want to play to get better, and have good games to boot, then what about putting a price on ranked, now let me explain this before you start saying "This is stupid, no!!!" I mean like, lets say you only want to play for fun, so normals are there for that. You could continue playing for free if normals, arams, ect... are all your looking for, but if you want to play ranked, maybe they could put a price on it, like lets say $20 an account. This would make bans more serious in ranked, people would be more likely to play serious if their willing to pay money to play the game. Let me know what you think of this idea as well as my original post.
LoL is a free game. You should not be forced to pay real money in order to play ranked. I highly doubt putting a price to play ranked will help.

J Learned Hand

09-23-2012

@PureGG: I don't think it becomes pointless if you allow someone who qs for top to select any champion (as opposed to only top champions). The point is that you don't have people in champ select playing the "i called top first" / "i pick first therefore i have priority" game, which is, in my experience, the primary reason for troll picks and intentional feeds. If you are qed for top and you decide to counter with an adc then your team, hopefully, will be able to recognize the wisdom of that decision or otherwise convince you to play a more traditional top champ. If you do go adc top, the adc bot shouldn't be concerned because he knows he's still goin bot with a support, just like he wanted.