Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reporting in Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PureGG

09-29-2012

bump

PureGG

09-30-2012

bump

A Big Damn Hero

09-30-2012

[QUOTE=PureGG;29410002
Idea 2. Ranked will cost money to play (Like lets say 20 bucks an account) to prevent trolls. How would this prevent trolls? Well trolls don't fear being banned because they can just make a new account, if they have to pay money for a new ranked account, they will be more scared of the bans and troll less. This would only be a solution to trolls in ranked, however this post is mainly about ranked anyway.
[/QUOTE]

I will not pay 20 bucks to play ranked.

PureGG

09-30-2012

it was just an idea, care to explain why not instead of just saying no?
Or maybe give me an idea of how to increase the effectiveness of reporting.

AncientZero

09-30-2012

I really think this is a great idea and I support this all the way; however, I don't think your idea 2 is viable. As a LoL player I really like the idea that skill is more important than your financial situation. No matter how poor or wealthy you are, your skill at the game is reflected in your elo rating. So I think having to pay to play ranked is not practical. However I really think your first and third idea is really interesting.
Since Riot usually really has a good response time to the community feedback, I wouldn't worry about them not noticing this.

PureGG

09-30-2012

Thank you for the support. The paying thing is more just to make the penalties for afking and feeding more sever.. but if there is another way to do it, I'd be more than happy.. the fact that LoL is a free to play is the reason I started playing.
And I hope they notice soon, we just hit 100 thumbs up.. that should count for something!!

Estred Shantile

09-30-2012

I only think that your 2nd idea is not the right approach. League was designed as a F2P game with buyable "visual" items IE skins. You can buy champions with RP or IP having $20 for just playing in Ranks seems like a great way to turn off a fair number of players who are actual "gl have fun" and "gg" players like myself. Losses happen and ill agree its sad that badmouthing is almost a commonplace happenig.

PureGG

09-30-2012

Yeah it was just an idea to throw out there.. I'm trying to think of a way to eliminate trolls.. thought it was worth a try lol

PureGG

10-01-2012

bump

malganis99

10-01-2012

I dont know if this was already mentioned as I didn't read the whole thread but the ability to kick players at champ select would get abused and not prevent trolls. They just wouldn't say i'm trolling there but say it when the games starts. Also it would prevent any straying from the current meta. You could main a not so popular champ and you would get kicked because others think you're trolling. I still get flamed sometimes for playing ad malz in dominion. :/

I like your idea about elo cap where you would have to play certain amount of normal games before entering ranked again.

If I would have to pay I wouldn't play.