Reporting in Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HopeForGenesis

09-24-2012

I think that's a good idea but, they should also change up their queues so that you have to choose the role you wish to play so you don't have to play a role which you hate or simply do not have a clue how to play.

deirin

09-24-2012

what a dumb idea most my win were with unusual pick...or as u call it *troll pick*

Shamanb

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGG View Post
Please help me out with this. I want to show riot that enough people think this is a legit good idea. We should be able to report and kick people in champion select. This will prevent trolling completely because we would be able to prevent it from even happening. The system right now requires us to lose elo in order to report someone, and that's just not fair to the other 4 players. We should be able to report and kick trolls, with a majority vote, and re-que, instead of someone having to dodge.

Again its no fair to someone to wait an hour just because they don't want to play with a troll, that time should be taken from the troll instead of someone who just wants to play. This game has gone from an amazing game, where people say "gl hf" at the start, and when you lose, you can actually say "gg that was a good game" to a game where rage is ALMOST accepted by the community, and BM is laughed at.

With the help of all of you out in the forums, we would be able to take out one big factor of that BM and rage with one simple function to be able to report/kick players who don't want to take this game as seriously as the rest of us do.

If you like this idea please thumbs up this post, and keep bumping it for others to see, and maybe we can get the attention of riot with enough peoples help.
I don't agree for 1 simple fact.

Ppl don't think for themselves, so Elementz are cie would determine what pick are trolling and which one ain't...

But the fact is, you can't innovate or create new strategy by following like a sheep. So when someone does something unconventionnal, he should NOT be kicked out for being a troll.

Just think about all the new strat that has been developped in the passed and are now considered mandatory.

AP TF ? Maybe you haven't played long enough, but it was considered a troll build once upon a time, now it's the norm and ppl get scare if you say you're gonna AD TF.

Tanky CDR Ryze, ppl used to say you were trolling... but it's always been the best way to build him, top players just hadn't done it yet. The new re-make made it obvious to even the most moronic players. But before remake, it was by far the best way to play him, he was actually stronger then now.

Once upon a time, you put AD mid, the meta changed. Why ? because ppl realized it wasn't the only or even the best way to play. Ashe mid was rather popular back in the days, believe it or not.

My point ? The meta evolve because ppl dare think outside the box and try new things.

If you let ppl kick them for not respected the current meta... what do you think will happen ?

Kicking ppl before game start MUST NOT happen. That's giving sheep the power to stall and completely stop innovation and experimentation...

PureGG

09-24-2012

Okay, I see your point, but do you have any ideas to contribute instead of just shutting down the idea?
Even with the points you made.. you cannot deny there is a problem with trolls and afker's. I am just trying to come up with a way to solve this problem. Of course the system will get abused, trolls abuse all systems, their abusing this one right now, but this one would allow us to deny those trolls the opportunity to mess up our game, the system may get abused by some, but it would create some way to prevent big trolling.

Also, if your going to try an unorthodox build on a champ, you shouldn't be trying it in ranked, you should be trying it in normal. The way I see it, the serious players are in ranked, the average player is in normal, so you can try new things in normal with people who are just playing for the fun of it, but it shouldn't be tried for the first time in ranked.

Abydginal

09-24-2012

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with you something needs to be done about trolls. Not only that but sometimes you just end up on a team that you know is doomed to fail from character selection, should someone have to wait half an hour for exiting character selection just because they are trying to get out of elo hell? I have over 2000 games of LoL in and I feel I have a pretty decent knowledge of which characters are more powerful then others, if you end up on a team that is super unbalanced I dont think you should be punished for dropping.

Others on this thread make a decent point that going against the meta can create new opportunities for finding something thats OP, but like PureGG says normals are the place to try new builds and characters. Ranked games are meant for more serious players and when I play with a half ass team it brings my level of play down to theirs because I no longer care to win to increase some trolls elo.

Thanks for the post PureGG, nice to see someone taking initiative instead of just *****ing.

lightandarkness

09-24-2012

one time i was second pick called jungle. Someone threaten to go eve jungle before remake. So i went support bot and got stuck with teemo jungle.

PureGG

09-25-2012

Thanks Abydginal, and yeah lightandarkness... I've had games like that as well, as I'm sure we all have.. I just want something done about this. So far were at 80 thumbs up, lets try to get that number higher to show riot that this problem has to stop!

PureGG

09-25-2012

Bump

Anzell

09-25-2012

I agree something needs to be done because some are getting out of hand during champ select. All the "mid or feed" etc.
I see why they don't have a report or boot feature in champ select because premades would gain a high advantage. It would have to be something added for a team of 5 solo que and even then who knows; you might be unlucky and have two trolls in there anyway.

Genocide Giraffe

09-25-2012

If this system gets implemented and a player gets kicked from queue, will he/she recieve a wait timer as if they dodged? Or can they re-queue instantly?