Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Name Change - League of Breast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nihili

09-22-2010

Due to the game cartoonish graphics, female champions need very visible female traits as to not cause confusion regarding their gender. The most exposed female trait one can think of are of course breasts. (a.k.a. boobs, ****, jugs, balloons... you get the drift.)

Look at Kayle, although she does have a big breastplate, her breasts are not visible in any way and actually seem to be average-sized or even small when you think about it. Kayle is also the only female champ in the game that is repeatedly called male by ignorant players on the forums, often even called "Kyle".

TrangLoL

09-22-2010

Don't you think Kayle's helmet is the more important reason for people thinking she's a dude? :P

SethCypher

09-22-2010

Quote:
Shin Megami Tens:
*Looks at thread title*

Chicken?

Or it may have been turkey. I forget.

Well hell, why didn't anyone say so in the first place?! I'm down for some good old barbeque.

Scarlena

09-22-2010

A) Wow, that's probably the least clever play off of a name ever. Kudos to your brilliant husband.

B) The boob issue is over a week old. It's over, let it die a peaceful death.

mr ouch

09-22-2010

soraka dosent have huge boobs and so do other female champs so there not all big boobed

Quintessence

09-22-2010

Quote:
KaysaL:
My husband officially calls this game "League of Breast."

If you have to ask yourself why, then you haven't looked at the character selection...
Can we get one respectable female character?

go make me a sandwich

Celldweller

09-22-2010

Quote:
Quintessence:
go make me a sandwich

I hear there's chicken.

Or possibly turkey.

Quintessence

09-22-2010

Quote:
Shin Megami Tens:
I hear there's chicken.

Or possibly turkey.

yummy, sounds like a chicken day

Nihili

09-22-2010

Quote:
TrangLoL:
Don't you think Kayle's helmet is the more important reason for people thinking she's a dude? :P

*Looks at Unmasked Kayle skin*

Yup.

And seriously, face is often not enough to define one's gender in many cases. Some males have girly faces and some females, well... Let's just not talk about this, 'kay?
Anyway, when we try to define someones gender we look for something else than just face to do it. Difference in the look of chest, hips, hair (when I was a kid so many people thought I'm a girl just cause of my hair it's not even funny), or even clothing between man an women all help us define gender much more accurately than just the face. Breasts, as I said, being usually the most visible.

SethCypher

09-22-2010

Quote:
Nihili:
*Looks at Unmasked Kayle skin*

Yup.

And seriously, face is often not enough to define one's gender in many cases. Some males have girly faces and some females, well... Let's just not talk about this, 'kay?
Anyway, when we try to define someones gender we look for something else than just face to do it. Difference in the look of chest, hips, hair (when I was a kid so many people thought I'm a girl just cause of my hair it's not even funny), or even clothing between man an women all help us define gender much more accurately than just the face. Breasts, as I said, being usually the most visible.

Yeah, I mean, just look at Malzahar for crying out loud! He looks like a woman!