Creative Design AMA - Soraka and Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schlobo

09-18-2012

I...am not sure I like these changes! While the change of Warwick from mad scientist to mad manhunter certainly works better with his kit, and fits him better thematically, I liked the relationship that the (current) lore implies he had with Singed. Apprentice surpassing the master, etc...

Also: as some others have said, the fact that Warwick came out on top in the original lore made it extremely compelling to me in the first place. The pathos of the fact that Soraka gave up her divinity for something that empowered Warwick (but at a loss of personal control) was, I thought, a great detail. And certainly more of an inspiration for them both to join the League than the new lore presents...

But anywho, that's just me rambling. HERE is my question:

We have a pre-void Kassadin.

...and chance of a pre-transformation Warwick skin?

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Jeez, and here I was thinking "Someone can totally look upon Soraka's background now and ship her Warwick.".

That was fast.
I made that thread months ago though.

So it's more like Riot is slow.

Henry Plainview

09-18-2012

I always thought the old Soraka story was stupid, this idea is an improvement.

As for the blood, I assume that he had stabbed her with the intent to weaken her enough to be captured and taken back to Singed, and he dropped the bloody dagger in shock when she smited him, then he had to run away because she started spamming Starcall. But it could be more clear.

Redeemed In Fire

09-18-2012

Well, at least this feedback is a lot better, I only spotted one dislike for the reason that it's changing.

Anyway, love the new lore. I definitely agree that I'd like to see more detail on how Singed fits in here, but overall it's great. Soraka in particular strikes a vibe with me for some reason.

Grand Viper

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Skler View Post

Oh, you also make Singed sound sane, which is uncool. He's supposed to be a mad scientist; warning Warwick that drinking an unfinished potion would be dangerous is super out of character. Jayced!
This is how I imagine it went...

"Singed, man, I'm freaking hurting here!"

"I can see that," the scientist nodded.

"So give me the @#!$ing potion! My face is burnt off!"

"Absolutely not. It is not ready. Not yet."

Warwick snarled at his friend, "Give me the potion!"

Singed glared at Warwick. His eyes narrowed, his voice touched the depths of hell itself, "Not. Finished. Yet."

With that, he turned back to his work. Cackling, bolts of lightning struck the table. Slowly, he lifted the glass up, and reached over to what he was working on. Picking it up, he revealed it to be a miniature parasol. Placing it in the drink, he handed it to Warwick, "It's missing unicorn blood, but I put a bit of tiger in there just for taste."

Warwick grabbed the glass and downed it in a single gulp. The parasol clattered to the floor, his body shuddering. Crushing the glass in his grip, grey fur started to rip out and erupt from his body. He howled in sheer, unrelenting agony.

Singed tapped his chin in confusion, then lightly slapped his forehead, "Wolf! That's what the zookeepers were yelling! Wolf! My bad!"

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
This is how I imagine it went...

"Singed, man, I'm freaking hurting here!"

"I can see that," the scientist nodded.

"So give me the @#!$ing potion! My face is burnt off!"

"Absolutely not. It is not ready. Not yet."

Warwick snarled at his friend, "Give me the potion!"

Singed glared at Warwick. His eyes narrowed, his voice touched the depths of hell itself, "Not. Finished. Yet."

With that, he turned back to his work. Cackling, bolts of lightning struck the table. Slowly, he lifted the glass up, and reached over to what he was working on. Picking it up, he revealed it to be a miniature parasol. Placing it in the drink, he handed it to Warwick, "It's missing unicorn blood, but I put a bit of tiger in there just for taste."

Warwick grabbed the glass and downed it in a single gulp. The parasol clattered to the floor, his body shuddering. Crushing the glass in his grip, grey fur started to rip out and erupt from his body. He howled in sheer, unrelenting agony.

Singed tapped his chin in confusion, then lightly slapped his forehead, "Wolf! That's what the zookeepers were yelling! Wolf! My bad!"
Hahahaha.

This. All of this.

Yormir

09-18-2012

@RiotRunaan

The lore update is very nice....

But now it will conflict with Karma's League Judgement
Will this be adressed as well or are the champion Judgements forgotten?

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

09-18-2012
2 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave of Canada View Post
Two minor questions.

So has Warwick lost his chemist background completely?

Why couldn't Warwick use the blood which he spilled from Soraka with the initial stab?
There was a bit too much similarity between Warwick and Singed to have Warwick remain one of the most legendary chemists in Zaun--we'd rather save that space for Singed alone (as it's what you experience with him in-game). With Warwick, we saw an awesome opportunity to give him a unique space in Zaun and also flesh out the city's dark inner workings a bit at the same time. Like Soraka and Warwick, Singed and Warwick are now equals rather than master and apprentice.

Soraka healed herself too quickly for much blood to be spilled; also, Warwick's going to need a lot more blood to stabilize his transformation--it's not something Soraka could live through easily.

Melancholy Exile

09-18-2012

So forgive me:

In the old lore, Soraka is struck down for forcing a truly evil being to outwardly bear his soul.

In the new lore, Soraka falls from grace after using her powers to scare off some hired thugs.

Right?

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

09-18-2012
3 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foucz View Post
1. What is the reason for Soraka to join league ?
2. Would she like to get her powers back or rather transform fully into human ?
3. Does she consider herself closer to humans or rather monsters like twitch with "human" soul inside of them ?
4. What does she think about sacrifice for greater good ? (example : kill 10 to save 1000)
5. Did she ever forgiven warwick because she is beyond it ?
6. Who is her best friend in league ?
7. Does she still easily trust others ?
1. She likely found her way there as it's a place for her to heal and protect, as she's set out to do.
2. She has all of her powers--what she's lost is her immortality and the guidance the stars once offered her. Soraka has to make her own decisions now, but as she's seen the pain and suffering in the world of mortals, she's embraced her new path.
3. I don't think she considers herself closer to one over the other.
4. Interesting question--I think it depends on the scenario, but this isn't something Soraka would be able to decide lightly.
5. No, she won't forgive Warwick, not yet--or perhaps not ever. That remains to be seen!
6. Hrm, she's probably close to Irelia and Karma.
7. She tried, but this is something she's going to be wary of from now on. Soraka isn't the innocent creature she once was, and I think she'll have to deal with balancing her purity and the good she wants to see in the world against the darkness she knows exists within mortal hearts. Heck--she has a mortal heart now herself. Hm.