Kha'Zix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

edit: that's a Fake, the Op stated it he made it up . It's an amazing skillset though, he'd be so cool with that kit though

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

bumping since they just released his kit. OP wasn't terribly far off.

MMKH

09-19-2012

Was hoping his kit wasn't almost a direct rip of Rengar's with Tristana's Rocket Jump lol

lbgsloan

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
Was hoping his kit wasn't almost a direct rip of Rengar's with Tristana's Rocket Jump lol
I know most 'new' champions these days are just rehashes, but yeah this isn't even trying. Isn't this actually just straight out better than Rengar actually, since he's guaranteed his upgrades without needing to buy an item?

ProGarbageman

09-19-2012

Please tell me if he would do the Gangnam Style or not, if it's true, he would be so damn OP

Genericke

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
edit: that's a Fake, the Op stated it he made it up . It's an amazing skillset though, he'd be so cool with that kit though
That awkward moment where it was pretty close to his kit.

Phourc

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I know most 'new' champions these days are just rehashes, but yeah this isn't even trying. Isn't this actually just straight out better than Rengar actually, since he's guaranteed his upgrades without needing to buy an item?
Yeah, and I saw Morello on the GD already saying 'c'mon guys, give it a chance' - and really, the evolving thing looks neat, but his passive and ultimate are just about exactly Rengar's - and the others aren't that far off

I'm already totally interested in the whole 'can't evolve all your abilities, have to choose which ones to get' bit - although guessing a la Udyr, one is going to be clearly ****ty and not worth taking, probably Q.

What worries me about what could potentially be a really cool champ is when a champion is designed specifically for jungling it tends not to do as well in a teamfight-y situation (thinking of Shyvana, Nocturne, Rengar, Sejuani, etc.).

Degnared

09-19-2012

I'm scared of the targeted leap. If it's got a long enough range to jump over walls, he's in danger of become an AD Kassadin (though he has no cc, so I guess that's a plus).

Redeemed In Fire

09-19-2012

Re "omg kha'zix is ren 2.0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
OK, free up for a few; let me talk about this!

Admittedly, the role and abilities do have overlap - this is true. The disagreement we have is that this actually matters much when it comes to gameplay.

But abilities being unique is what makes champions different! If they're the same, then the champions are the same. This can be a way to make champions different, but not the only way. What's important is the play pattern and ways the champions feel.

Isn't that defined in the abilities? Abilities are part of the equation, but not the entirety. For example, on paper, Cassopia's Q and Karthus' Q are very similar abilities - short cooldown, small dealyed blast AOEs, though I'd argue Cass and Karthus have different play patterns in how both of them are used within the context to their kits. For Casseopia, it sets up combos via her real damage source, Twin Fangs. For Karthus, it's a ranged damage tool and you spend your effort maximizing if you can hit a single target to get greater focused damage on it instead of comboing it. This is what defines a play pattern.

Well sure, but that example is one ability. This is a lot of them! The comparison here still holds up though - "an AOE that heals" is pretty substantially different when one of them is an 800 range skill shot poke, and it's only AOE if you evolve it. Comparing that to Rengar's Roar is like comparing Amumu's ult to Zyra's - the specifics here really matter for how the skill actually plays once you get into game. This applies to all Kha'Zix's abilities, including the importance and tuning of Isolation, the importance of maximizing Unseen Alien (lul) in longer fights, or how you actually engage, disengage and seek out targets.

But they're the same role - jungle assassin! There's some truth to this, but this is part of the dual lore release. I actually think these types of adjoined releases are interesting, and the role overlap is intended to feed into that. Additionally, Rengar is intended to be a bit more of a fighter - something that's much more true with the AD/AP changes in the recent patch. Kha'Zix is very firmly an assassin

Sometimes, we release characters with brand-new mechanics. That's a good thing to do - but sometimes we reutilize mechanics in new ways that feel like different characters - Ziggs being an amazing example. On paper, Ziggs doesn't read as special as he is in game.

I realized when I got knee-deep in this thread that I've never really had a "play pattern" conversation that lays some of this stuff out., so how can I expect anyone to refer to a concept that's not been shared? I'm watching (literally on spectator as I write this) Kha'Zix and Rengar to watch how the characters play, and the similarities are really superficial - especially after the recent Rengar changes. I encourage you guys to see for yourselves, either here or on PBE, and come to your own conclusions. Personally though, I'm not worried about these feeling the same in game.

Argodis

09-19-2012

If his optimal build is not tanky DPS and he's actually a real assassin, I will buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello
Additionally, Rengar is intended to be a bit more of a fighter - something that's much more true with the AD/AP changes in the recent patch. Kha'Zix is very firmly an assassin
Sounds good so far...