Rengar on dominion.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westlin

Senior Member

09-18-2012

Not sure how many of you have played Rengar on dominion but it seems that the changes have helped him a lot. Mainly the more reactive leap and the move speed buff on the ult. These changes have made his gank strength OP when he runs bot and because he gets the kill so fast he can head back top and help the team or he can push and cap the bot point. The other thing I've noticed is its easy to get stacks trophy stacks thx to dominions playstyle allowing him to have decent armor pen and cd in combination with brutalizer.

Question: Is Rengar fun?
Yes the leaping in the jungle creates for some awesome moments and even better Rengar's ult allows him to back off then reinitiate catching opponents off guard. He may not have the 1v1 strength to take on Jax, Panth, or Irelia but he can make an impact all over the map and late game he can dish out "tons of damage" thanks to double Q.

tl;dr Rengar is strong and fun as long as you gank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

09-18-2012

80% of fights happen away from bushes =( He's fun, but kind of underpowered. Would work best bot lane as an assassin type.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

Senior Member

09-18-2012

Considering any laner that goes against him will have a sweeper/lightbringer as their first complete item, I don't really see how he'd be any good bot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westlin

Senior Member

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
80% of fights happen away from bushes =( He's fun, but kind of underpowered. Would work best bot lane as an assassin type.
He does much better when he's top and comes bot to gank. He seems to do well with champs that stall bot like nunu. Also he is strong when opposing squishy mages go bot like Malzahar, Heimer, Cass.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlin View Post
squishy mages
Quote:
Malzahar.
lol'd

Look. Rengar is bad on Dominion. Okay? The changes aren't even live yet, but I doubt they are going to do anything for his viability. They are just QoL buffs. Oh sorry did I say buffs? Cause they're nerfing the hell out of his W ratio so AP / hybrid is going to be pointless. The only thing that's really going to help him at all is the cast time of W being removed, which helps his chasing, which is nice because he can't stick to a target for sh*t.

At the end of the day he's a melee assassin with the most situational and gimmicky gap closer in the game. Since he can't stick to a target away from bushes, he's constantly forced to use his ultimate just to initiate which cuts his potential burst damage by about 1/3rd and removes his only escape option (unless you have enemy minions AND a bush nearby, which is not common in Dominion).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
lol'd

Look. Rengar is bad on Dominion. Okay? The changes aren't even live yet, but I doubt they are going to do anything for his viability. They are just QoL buffs. Oh sorry did I say buffs? Cause they're nerfing the hell out of his W ratio so AP / hybrid is going to be pointless. The only thing that's really going to help him at all is the cast time of W being removed, which helps his chasing, which is nice because he can't stick to a target for sh*t.

At the end of the day he's a melee assassin with the most situational and gimmicky gap closer in the game. Since he can't stick to a target away from bushes, he's constantly forced to use his ultimate just to initiate which cuts his potential burst damage by about 1/3rd and removes his only escape option (unless you have enemy minions AND a bush nearby, which is not common in Dominion).
The changes went live.

And i agree that Rengar isn't a good dominion champ, but with much less rage/bitterness. He wrecks SR top lane though, so its hard to buff him properly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
The changes went live.
Yeah I just realized that it was a hotfix. And the changes were a little better than I thought (instant attack on leap and AS buff from Q working immediately are nice).

How exactly does he wreck top lane? He can't do anything but poke with E outside of the jungle. I typically see Rengars jump on a squishy, burst them down then die immediately. AP Rengar was the same way, but at least he could do more damage overall before he bit the dust.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Yeah I just realized that it was a hotfix. And the changes were a little better than I thought (instant attack on leap and AS buff from Q working immediately are nice).

How exactly does he wreck top lane? He can't do anything but poke with E outside of the jungle. I typically see Rengars jump on a squishy, burst them down then die immediately. AP Rengar was the same way, but at least he could do more damage overall before he bit the dust.
Top lane bush lets him jump onto the enemy top laner in about 90% of the lane: http://imgur.com/a/ZamzS

Combine that with about 500 damage level 2 burst and you get free zoning or snowball into being fed. I've not had much chance to run it but it's incredibly scary, especially against farm tops. He has to be played like an assassin-bruiser hybrid; open with a couple of heavy damage items and then transition into tank so if you get caught you don't automatically explode.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veni13

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Tbh most of the Rengars I see these days are much better than the ones I used to see when he just came out. For example, I had a Rengar on my team in my last game, he went 18/7/6. So I guess people are starting to find ways of making him work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-19-2012

He has potential bot....needs more testings


12