[Guide ~ Build] ~ The Gold Crisis ~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ursuletul

09-18-2012

The Gold Crisis
This guide has extreme effect when all 5 members in a team use it.

Do you want to be able to feed as much as you want and still win every game ?
This is the Gold Crisis Guide ~ Build !

1. What do i need ?
~ Masteries :
4 Points in Greed (Mandatory), 2 Points in Wealth (Optional)
~ Runes :
3 Greater Quintessence of Avarice + 9 x Greater Seal of Avarice
~ In game items : Start with : Philosopher's Stone, Kage's Lucky Pick, Heart of Gold, Avarice Blade.

2. How to play ?

~ Start with the 4 gold items, then build 2 expensive items in the last 2 available slots (forget about boots).

~ If you win, delay as much as possible selling your gold items and buying stronger items.
~ If you lose start by selling one item at a time (1) (start with the one that does not give you important stats for your champion ) AND only sell it when you can buy a full item.

3. How effective is this build ?

~ Even if your score is 0 - 10, and your ally finished 15 - 0, at the end of the game you will have more gold then him. (meaning better items with 0 effort)
~ Total Extra Gold per second : 2.525

Enjoy !

Klaxius

09-18-2012

Do you realize how weak this makes your team for fighting? Anyone over 1000 elo will see this and then immediately force fights.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

The main problem here is this:

If your team is good enough to NOT LOSE when they are all building gold items/masteries and such until you can overpower them lategame...
Then you could have just WON outright by playing 'correctly'.

Philo Stone is popular because it cost 800, provides a good 700g of useful benefits (sustain), and gives you 30 gold per minute, AND upgrades to a useful item later potientially.

Basically you are not losing much actual power by purchasing it. Heart of Gold is similar... get 600g of health for 840ish, then bank 30g/min.

Going Utility 21 instead of useful masteries is devastating though. 12 gold per minute is not very much, in exchange for trashing your masteries and thus your early game.
GP quints aren't all that great either as you need them for offense/defense.

Taking random GP10 items that you don't really need is also extremely inefficient and the payoff takes way too long for it to be viable.

ursuletul

09-19-2012

Try the build then comment please.

FaerellG

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursuletul View Post
Try the build then comment please.
Clearly, I will try the mathematically unsound build of some player who's 5 and 12 in ranked before commenting. It's only reasonable.

In all seriousness, the major flaws with your build are thus:
1. GP10 items aren't always worth it on your champion. ADs building Kage's? Really? AP building Avarice?
2. GP10 items take time to earn their keep. If you buy with the intent of selling, it's still going to be over 10 minutes before the item is worth the sell-break even point. And it's more like 25-30 minutes before the total break even point. That might be ok...but...
3. GP10 items take some time to achieve. You don't get them all at the start of game. You won't get Philo stone until around 5-10 minutes into game. That means that you won't have reached break even until 20-30 minutes into the game on your first item. This says nothing of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th items.

If you want to have "not wasted" any of your gold you're looking at a game well into the 50 minute mark. Most games are over around 30 minutes. Hell, your game will be shorter because...

4. GP10 items generally aren't very strong stat-wise. You're going to get bullied a lot in lane and likely lose out on CS, and give kills. Kills are 300 gold, then there's assist gold. You'll also likely lose towers and Dragon/Baron control as well as buff control which is global gold as well. So if you build pure GP10, you're going to lose pretty much any engagement. This is going to make you lose map control and your game will probably be over in 20 minutes...well before your first GP10 item has paid for itself.

ursuletul

09-20-2012

Your philosophical thinking is not helping you at all.

All your math is wrong !
( i know because i tested and you didn't - all you do is bla-bla-bla based on hypothetical dream you have at night )

Try the build then comment !

AsphodelNext

09-20-2012

Some of this depends on your position. Personally, I wouldn't want to have my solo top matchup with all GP10 items, as top tends to snowball out of control. Junglers can take certain GP10 items, but too many hurts their jungle speed.

I see what you're saying: trade early game viability for late game power, much in the way that carries do. However, this build only offers a narrow window of opportunity: right when your gold reaches significantly higher than the opponents'(about 500-800 or so for the extra item you'll desperately need), but before that item stops making a difference(If I have BT, PD, IE, and boots, and you have that plus a long sword, it doesn't really make as much of a difference as if I'm a level up on you)

Also, no early game boots makes dodging skillshots significantly harder. Unless you are much better than your opponents(in which case, this is kind of a troll build), you will need boots to prevent heavy harass early game.

Finally, trading everything for gold leaves you low on XP(even if you jungle, as it hurts your speed), as getting cs and last hits will be significantly more difficult. In short, you need more balance, instead of going all for gold. One or two items works okay, but grabbing the ones that don't actually help your relevant stats is hurting your viability.

For an analysis of GP10 items and how much they actually pay off, go to http://www.lolreport.com/2012/07/ana...ally-worth-it/
And, note that you don't start with 2.525 extra GP/second, you have to actually buy the items first. Technically, though you start with 2.525 GP/sec(assuming you started by buying a GP10), all players start with 1.3 GP/sec as their base, so you start with 1.225 extra GP/second.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

You never want to go buy a gp10 item that doesn't help your champion, for example avarine blade is pretty much skipped even on bruiser or AD carry due to the small amount of crit. Philo stone is skipped on AD carry because they want to keep farming and still do damage, thus the reason why they buy dorans. Finally, HoG will rarely be bought on APs because they won't build the HoG into anything useful for them (unless you want them to go into melee range of the enemy or build locket/ randuin)

FaerellG

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursuletul View Post
Your philosophical thinking is not helping you at all.

All your math is wrong !
( i know because i tested and you didn't - all you do is bla-bla-bla based on hypothetical dream you have at night )

Try the build then comment !
Nope, your "brilliant plan" has been tested before by other people. I pretty much just reposted their results.

Look, I'm sure you can get away with this at the 900 Elo level that you play at, but not for anyone who's nearing that coveted 1500 Elo rating.

Really though, let me know how high on the ratings you get using your "tested" strategy.

BTW, this was originally tested out when gold items were GP5 (before nerfed to GP10). It didn't work well then, and it doesn't work now.
Buying 1 or 2 gold items that fit with your build is good, but stacking all 4 and loading it onto your runes/masteries is absurd.

Chzn4Lifez

09-20-2012

Defend the build all you want, I'll just run around destroying your team because, clearly, you do not hurt.