The best thing about dominion is...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omninull

09-17-2012

...not being punished for queue dodging because your entire team is something like ap. It's a waste of my time when people choose an obviously bad lineup game after game and be forced to play 10-15 minutes because people at level 30 can't figure out that team composition does matter.

omninull

09-17-2012

Was just in a lobby with me as rengar, shen, then...a teemo, a miss fortune, and tristana... Thanks queue dodge penalty!

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

best thing about dominion is its not SR

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

logging onto all my smurfs just to downvote you

Ahhhh Crap

09-17-2012

thats not the best thing about Dominion, but its certainly up there. Even more so when playing a chain of games and you get stuck with some punk who just trolled in the previous game. In SR youre stuck with this guy for what, 40-50 minutes? Heck no- just say close program, relaunch, and get on with fun gaming.

The best things about Dom though are far better than just the no penalty on que dodge.

Oh- and I only play solo blind- IMO dodging in draft pick is fairly annoying as those games take so much longer to set up as it is (so all you draft players dont go raging thinking I'm dodging you)

HaIfhearted

09-18-2012

Q dodge penalty was put back in.

Watcha gonna do when the penalty comes for you?

Ekis the Seraph

09-18-2012

If compulsive queue dodging was ever good, you guys would be at a higher ELO (even it's hidden).

In my opinion you're no different than people who use LolDrop to win games with that logic.

omninull

09-18-2012

That makes no sense, Ekis. Why should I waste my time in a boring match for however length of time, when queue dodging every so often assures quality control for the games I'm in. Maybe you have infinite time to waste, but I don't, nor do I want to on league. Me queue dodging wastes no more than 15-30 seconds of everyone's time invested instead of 15-20 minutes of 10 people. I don't enjoy being on either side where games are too easy, or we get streamrolled because of team-picks. I've played this game to the point where I just want to have decent, fun games.

FDru

09-18-2012

You know, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Riot managed to break queue dodge penalties already (again).

Ekis the Seraph

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by omninull View Post
That makes no sense, Ekis. Why should I waste my time in a boring match for however length of time, when queue dodging every so often assures quality control for the games I'm in. Maybe you have infinite time to waste, but I don't, nor do I want to on league. Me queue dodging wastes no more than 15-30 seconds of everyone's time invested instead of 15-20 minutes of 10 people. I don't enjoy being on either side where games are too easy, or we get streamrolled because of team-picks. I've played this game to the point where I just want to have decent, fun games.
1.) It makes perfect sense. What makes your time more valuable than that of another player? And again, if queue dodging actually provided you with any actual benefit it'd show (we'd see you in Higher ELO). Your sense of elitism and entitlement is no different than those who play competitively to keep a high ELO, except that the latter at least has a reason to toss out statements like this (even it is just as petty/wrong)

2.) Stop using "fun" as an excuse to be a proverbial ******. We all play this game for "fun", otherwise we would not play it. If you were as "decent" as you make yourself out to be, you'd take what you believe as a team that'd get "steamrolled" as a challenge, and games that are too easy as a measure of one's own skill and gameplay.

Attempting to use things like this as an excuse to do what you very well know is wrong (especially in the sake of sportsmanship) makes you no different than those who use LolDrop (which if you can't see the correlation, they're doing something obviously wrong for the same reasons you are).

And if you feel your time is THAT valuable and could be better spent doing something else more productive than "wasting time on League of Legends" (which you're doing regardless), then DO SOMETHING ELSE. You're not going to win every game you get in, there will always be a team composition/players better than others, and you are not above other players who want to enjoy playing the game how they want to.