Lux is a hidden OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

09-18-2012

I don't really agree about missing Q. If you miss Q when they're on top of you, yes you'll die. But CDR and a little armor and MR can go a long way. If you're dying when you miss Q you aren't building Lux right.

Lethal stoner

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I think Karma fits the term "Sleeper OP" better than Lux.
genius here ^

TCWA Tigerbite

09-18-2012

Lux is a beast. This has been discussed before.

But then again, almost any champion is a beast if you don't suck with them ;D

HaIfhearted

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Lux is a beast. This has been discussed before.

But then again, almost any champion is a beast if you don't suck with them ;D
Lux can be pretty beastly in solo q, but her skillset falls a bit short in a competitive tourney setting where she doesn't quite do enough damage and doesn't have quite enough utility to justify picking her over stronger champions.

Phourc

09-18-2012

She's got really long range on her root and ult, beyond that I've never seen anything that impressive from her.

I'd put her in nidalee-land, personally.

Redeemed In Fire

09-18-2012

I would prefer Brand (who can become a monster kiting AP bruiser with strong innate damage lategame) or Orianna (who can super support and bring more utility in her W than Lux's entire kit).

Javin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Lux is awesome. Max CDR,Rylais, and you can go two ways: Support your teammates or get deathcap, void stuff for good damage. Either way you're going to be pissing your enemies off and they will be forced to chase you when they shouldn't. And max CDR Light Binding is really easy to hit on such a map with predictable paths and many fog of war spots.

A huge nuisance and very good in the right hands. Top 5 most hated champs on Dominion at about ~2300 elo.

HaIfhearted

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin View Post
A huge nuisance and very good in the right hands. Top 5 most hated champs on Dominion at about ~2300 elo.
I ono, at around 2300 Dom elo there are a few other champs who drastically exceed Lux in the "most hated" department.

1) Kassadin - I think it's fairly safe to say this guy is the #1 most hated champ in Dom at high elo just because of how brokenly OP he is considering his playstyle.
Kassadin takes hit-and-run tactics to a whole new level, and the best players can cause massive headaches with him while being incredibly difficult to kill themselves.

2) Lulu - "a;flkj;alksfjd;lskfdj;sdlfkj ****ING BUNNY ****ING SLOW!!!!!!111!"
This champion is stupidly annoying to deal with. Massive slow on a disgustingly short cooldown, transmogrify spell, knock followed by more slows, shield, speed boosts.
If you've ever played against Zimikes Lulu, you know exactly why I hate her so.

3) Teemo - This little ******* turns the entire jungle into one big giant minefield, and fights using hit-and-run tactics.
Seriously, the shrooms are just stupidly annoying, and his most recent buffs pretty much cemented his position as one of the stronger champions in Dom.

4) Shaco - I might have left the lower elo range, but don't think I forgot about you, you stupid gay clown.
When played well, this champ is just an irritating little ******* who can't be caught and makes bot lane an even bigger pain in the ass than it already is.

5) Yorick/Jayce/Nunu/insertOPhere - a lot of hate gets directed at the OPs, especially the ones with extremely high power and/or little counter-play.

A good Lux can be irritating, yeah, but won't usually cause rage like the above 5 can.

DevlJoe

09-18-2012

nerf /l

problem solved

Risemix

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin View Post
And max CDR Light Binding is really easy to hit on such a map with predictable paths and many fog of war spots.
Glad someone said this. I'd like to add that when Lux is defending a point, it can be really terrifying to try to start capping it before making sure she's either dead or not around. As you know, once you start capping there's a brief period where you can't move, making Lux's Q E R combo basically a secure thing. It's especially good at lower elos where people all cap a point at the same spot, letting her severely wound up to two other players.