Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rune Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belmont22

07-30-2009

I was kinda curious onto how everyone builds their rune books? Do they do static or per/level runes? Do you try to use all primary runes over secondary? This goes for a dpser/tank/ability user.

Vangu

Recruiter

07-30-2009

i do per level runes on people i know i will level fast. But if you are a champion that levels slow then its a waste and you get more from just doing a base amount.

For example the health regain runes you get a lot more (by at least 4) health regain at level 18 with per level runes then just the static amount.

Vorador

The Council

07-30-2009

i like health regen for the most part, just because i hate being forced to go back to town if i take a lot of damage early in the game, i'd rather just sit in the bush in xp range and regen life. on CD based casters tho i definitely load up my blue page with full -cd%

belmont22

07-30-2009

And do you always use primary runes over secondary??

YourLastRite

Recruiter

07-30-2009

I have mostly built mine up as a cooldown/money book

Logo

07-30-2009

I find -cooldowns to be my go to rune, at least for blue and often yellow. They're simply too useful. Even on a lot of DPSers you can still make use of the reduced cooldown (though I prefer something else for them).

After that I don't really have much preference, I've been using +armor for a Rammus page which works alright since you get .25 physical damage per armor point I believe.

Snice

07-30-2009

for my dpsers - crit damage capped
for my tanks - right now armor/magic resistance runes (although ive seen a lot of health regen pages work wonders)
for my mage dps/support - ap stack/some health/some magic penetration

Mr V Light

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

for every champ i've ever played i always use the same setup

attack damage per-level in reds, health per level in yellow, cooldown per level in blue

and flat +health quintessence.

Mpalm

07-30-2009

My dps build focuses on +hp regen/level, +crit damage% / level and +hp/level ... then i can play around with the Quint, usually either +gold or +crit damage

My Caster build is all AP / level... about +70 AP at 18

My tank build is all HP, about 500+ at 18

765Immortal

07-30-2009

I used to stack my rune book with HP/5/level because its the only build that I can really tell gives me a benefit early-late game. Like Vorador said, with HP/5/level across red/yellow/blue runes, one doesn't need to go to fountain as much.

Currently, however, I've been experimenting with going primary runes for each color. I usually go MP/5/level with the blues, HP/5/level with the yellows, and +attackspeed/level for reds.

I usually go either +1.25% ms or +1.1g/5sec Quintessence because I'm mainly utility spec.

I play mainly carries/assassins. I can't really tell how much of a difference my rune book is making late game, even with per level. It seems champions depend more upon their items at that point. But, early game I can really tell when I go flat runes. However, flat runes pale in power late game when compared to per level runes.

My general suggestion would be decide how you want to play for the early game and then stack your rune book accordingly. I wouldn't rely on your rune book to carry your champion during late game.