Enforcing the Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

09-22-2012

Is there a reasonable way to make it so both teams have to play the standard solo top, mid, AD carry, support, and jungler team comp? I really hate it when a guy on my team is retarded and decides to troll because he didn't get the lane he wanted or when the enemy team decides to not run a jungler and go two mid or something stupid like that.

Jolty

09-22-2012

If players or teams want to try something new, and to think out the box, I don't feel they should be punished for that. Trolling out of spite is another story, but I think you just have to deal with that.

AtrumViscus

09-22-2012

I understand your feeling. My solution is to integrate into matchmaking. Select your desired role and queue up. While this is similar to WoW matchmakimg, you avoid long queue times by not being locked into a singular class.

AtrumViscus

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haíl View Post
If players or teams want to try something new, and to think out the box, I don't feel they should be punished for that. Trolling out of spite is another story, but I think you just have to deal with that.
The problem with that is there is always some minority of people saying it might affect something obscure without proposing a solution. How about a seperate matchmaker for the current meta?

Delete Teemo

09-22-2012

@AtrumViscus, it's called draft mode

And as for the meta thing, the fact is that the constantly morphing meta is part of the game. How the game is played changes rapidly, so there's really no such thing as a set-in-stone meta. Meta change is actually fun, and gives the game infinite potential for new experiences.

Also, changing it up is often a great thing to do. I was watching CLG vs Crs NA regionals, and CLG completely shattered the meta by going 2 mid, sending ap bot, and going backdoor crazy with sivir and a bunch of teleports. They completely dominated Crs.

A few fun things to do for shaking it up is:

Jarvan/Leona bot, ad carry top: Botlane kill farm, and so long as your adc plays cautious up top, he gets a level advantage along with all that farm of a solo lane

Duo mid, ap bot: Can mess with their team so much. Especially if you get Blitzcrank in that 2v1 lane (Note: don't do this is if there's an enemy Blitz)

ChiSqrd

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizzwiggle3 View Post
@AtrumViscus, it's called draft mode

And as for the meta thing, the fact is that the constantly morphing meta is part of the game. How the game is played changes rapidly, so there's really no such thing as a set-in-stone meta. Meta change is actually fun, and gives the game infinite potential for new experiences.

Also, changing it up is often a great thing to do. I was watching CLG vs Crs NA regionals, and CLG completely shattered the meta by going 2 mid, sending ap bot, and going backdoor crazy with sivir and a bunch of teleports. They completely dominated Crs.

A few fun things to do for shaking it up is:

Jarvan/Leona bot, ad carry top: Botlane kill farm, and so long as your adc plays cautious up top, he gets a level advantage along with all that farm of a solo lane

Duo mid, ap bot: Can mess with their team so much. Especially if you get Blitzcrank in that 2v1 lane (Note: don't do this is if there's an enemy Blitz)
This is exactly why I hate it when people don't play the current meta.

trackmaster

09-22-2012

troll post is trolling.
Break the meta and you win its that simple. Assuming you know what your doing.

J Learned Hand

OuityDrood

09-22-2012

I win duo jungle with randoms all the time. Once we never even spoke a word to eachother. It was our turns to pick and we both picked junglers. After waiting a few moments we locked in together and let me tell you Eve+ Shyvana is amazing.

AJStarhiker

09-22-2012

breaking meta works better with a premade than in solo queue, simply because players have time to discuss strategy long before champion select starts and can practice coordination.