What does Blind Pick mean and what other game types are there?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mospeed

11-16-2009

I didn't play DOTA and am curious.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

Blind Pick means people of both sides pick champions/summoner spells without seeing the opponents until after they're all done picking.

Draft mode, which will be used in Ranked games and likely Normal games in the future, has each team pick alternately.

This is draft mode explanation:

Basic Draft just has both teams picking against each other. Use a team pick tempo of t1/t2/t1/t2/t1/t2 of 1:2:2:2:2:1 on picks.

Other future modes could be all random, where everyone is randomed a champion. Or possibly random draft, where it's like draft, but the game automatically picks a random set of champions to pick from. For example, instead of there being 40 champions to pick from, random draft could pick 22 of the 40 champions, and then each team picks from those 22 champions in the way of a draft mode.

Ignastio

11-16-2009

Blind pick works like Larias said.

That is the only mode currently available, sadly.

Andrewsm

11-16-2009

so draft doesnt work like he said?

The SHP

11-16-2009

blind pick actually wasn't in dota (at least any version i've played). It means each team picks their champs without knowing who the opponents are picking.

There are currently no other modes in LoL, but hopefully there will be soon.

Some modes from DotA were random draft, where teams alternate picking heroes from a pool, all random, where everyone got a random, and all pick, where everyone got to pick any hero, being able to see which ones opponents have taken. Note that in DotA a hero could only exist once in a match, the same hero couldn't be on both teams unlike in LoL

mospeed

11-16-2009

I see, thanks for the responses.