[Skin Idea] Witchcraft Lux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
That's a really interesting idea. I don't think there's any actual Priestess in the League that I can recall. An Ionian shrine maiden would fit in nicely.

But again I think that's a different thread. If I see it though I'll comment on it!
ye i know. later i will try to think about it and create new thread.

ChaosBloodterfly

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
second, to drive the overlap point, take a look at tencent's splash art for the sorceress lux skin. now, take all the blue parts of the outfit and color them black. if that ends up being close to what you're asking for, then you might understand why we'd be hard pressed to make a witch skin instead of an entirely new concept (which i'd hope you think is cool too!). i think the truth of the matter, much to my own chagrin, is that sorceress lux ate up way too much 'marisa thematic space' to be able to justify creating a new witch skin for her. even if pitched as a harrowing skin, i think sorceress lux is enough to make us think 'wouldn't this be a better idea on another champion that doesn't have a similar theme already?'.
Lets look at some recent launch skins.
Syndra: recolor.
Diana: thematic recolor
Varus: Recolor
There are a few costume changes, but mostly it's a recolor. What's not a recolor? MechaKha, Full metal Jayce.

Also, a witch skin would have a more ragged wardrobe (still different from spellthief), and also probably looser fitting (eg full body cloak). Or just make Void Lux.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
[stuff]
Thanks for taking the time to explain this. It's really nice to get an inkling of the factors that go into making decisions.

Belial Edge

10-08-2012

As much as I would love a Marisa Lux skin like the thread is asking, I own sorceress and wish the art would be updated. Also, cudos to op for the obscure gundam reference.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
Lets look at some recent launch skins.
Syndra: recolor.
Diana: thematic recolor
Varus: Recolor
There are a few costume changes, but mostly it's a recolor. What's not a recolor? MechaKha, Full metal Jayce.

Also, a witch skin would have a more ragged wardrobe (still different from spellthief), and also probably looser fitting (eg full body cloak). Or just make Void Lux.
The recolors, unless I"m wrong, have all been recolors of the classic skin, not recolors of another skin. While this may not seem like much to you, you know what you're buying when you get a skin.

From what rickless said a witch skin is still possible, but it would have to be significantly different than Sorceress Lux, and just making her skirt longer and covering her midriff doesn't do that. Void Lux sounds like it would be heading in the right direction, but is that what the OP is asking for?

EffenSeven

10-08-2012

Spellthief Lux is my favourite. To be honest, I don't really like the other Lux skins. I think she needs something a little more dark/gothic/witchcraft type skin.

The Red Witch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Yo, void Lux would be tight.

GodsEye

10-08-2012

I wish Yuyuko could be made into a champion! D:

Endertome

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsEye View Post
I wish Yuyuko could be made into a champion! D:
A ghost champion who uses sweeping laser type attacks and lesser ghosts could be neat, actually. The closest thing to a ghost in the League is Nocturne.

GodsEye

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
A ghost champion who uses sweeping laser type attacks and lesser ghosts could be neat, actually. The closest thing to a ghost in the League is Nocturne.
Don't forget butterflies! :3 Oh, and Youmu