[Skin Idea] Witchcraft Lux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Red Witch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i wanted to follow up on this because i feel there's a little more to be said, and as a person that really likes the touhou ip i think i understand where you're coming from.

first, i think it's important to talk about how much influence the character marisa kirisame has on this request. it's obvious that within lux's overall design there is inspiration drawn from marisa, but at the end of the day luxanna crownguard, the lady of luminosity, is her own character that comes from a completely different world. if the touhou project had never existed, i highly doubt that there would be many comparisons drawn between lux (as a character/kit) and witches, if any.

the reason i bring this up is because if we were to release a new lux skin that satisfied the audience wanting a 'typical anime witch' skin, i'm willing to bet that most players not familiar with marisa will wonder why we just released a palette swap of the sorceress lux skin, including morello. it's important that our players see new skins and 'get it' as well as think it's cool/attractive/badass/funny. tbh, i don't think many players would get it considering the existence of sorceress lux. it would pretty much be a skin specifically for touhou fans.

second, to drive the overlap point, take a look at tencent's splash art for the sorceress lux skin. now, take all the blue parts of the outfit and color them black. if that ends up being close to what you're asking for, then you might understand why we'd be hard pressed to make a witch skin instead of an entirely new concept (which i'd hope you think is cool too!). i think the truth of the matter, much to my own chagrin, is that sorceress lux ate up way too much 'marisa thematic space' to be able to justify creating a new witch skin for her. even if pitched as a harrowing skin, i think sorceress lux is enough to make us think 'wouldn't this be a better idea on another champion that doesn't have a similar theme already?'

third, spellthief lux is my favorite! i've used it ever since she launched. not all lux players prefer the sorceress skin. :3

ultimately, while the idea is cool on its own, it isn't something we're likely to act on over another lux skin concept with less overlap and/or broader appeal.
Any chance of getting replacement splash art on our NA Sorc Lux? It's the only reason I can't use that skin. The splash is mad creepy.

Who is Sexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
A lot - specifically, you're asking for a 1:1 transposal of an anime character who wears a dress and a Witch's Hat. Honestly, it's too similar to Sorceress Lux to make this make much sense at all.
Sorry but champs like Alistar and Blitzcrank have skins exactly the same to the original, only recolored. I bet it wouldn't take you much more time to make a recolored skin and you will please a larger audience => Profit $$$

Night WaIker

10-07-2012

Ew touhou...

Doll Judgment

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
What about May Naut? (puns ahoy)
Murasa Naut makes more sense, since Xypherous is a known Touhou fan.

Edit: down vote away, Hataters gonna Hatate

Venova

10-07-2012

Why not a water themed Lux skin? Lucent could be a sphere of water that exploded with a splash, Binding could be a sphere and then cylinder trap of water, shield could be a couple of water spheres that threw little splash droplet particles around as they spun, and Final Spark could be a white-water blast, rushing down the beam, with little particles coming off, and the pre-shot laser beam could be blue instead of red. We get all these fire skins, why not a water one?

NidaKat

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
A lot - specifically, you're asking for a 1:1 transposal of an anime character who wears a dress and a Witch's Hat. Honestly, it's too similar to Sorceress Lux to make this make much sense at all.
was going to compare it to Nidalee's french maid myself.

Endertome

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NidaKat View Post
was going to compare it to Nidalee's french maid myself.
Or Bewitching Nidalee?

I would be a little happier with Sorceress Lux if the splash art was as good as that one.

Maha

10-07-2012

I have a One dollar bill next to my monitor, so when I see a good idea, I really can throw money at the screen, and complain that nothing is happening.

Still nothing.

Rismart

10-07-2012

Well the only thing I agree with the threats is: Ask any Lux player and they will agree. Sorceress Lux is only the favored skin because the others look worse. It's the best of a bad situation..

IMO Lux needs a new skin or at least a new splash art for them because they are terrible...

PD: I like Spellthief Lux as much as Sorceress Lux

Venova

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rismart View Post
Well the only thing I agree with the threats is: Ask any Lux player and they will agree. Sorceress Lux is only the favored skin because the others look worse. It's the best of a bad situation..

IMO Lux needs a new skin or at least a new splash art for them because they are terrible...

PD: I like Spellthief Lux as much as Sorceress Lux
I would like a new Sorceress lux splash art, the others are all fine though, except for the new base one, which I still don't like much and probably never will.