[Skin Idea] Witchcraft Lux

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

09-17-2012

If you like this post enough to upvote, please help by bumping it too!

100 upvotes!
200 upvotes!

Attachment 591639

I think this speaks for itself.

Proposed spell effect changes from later in the thread:
Autoattacks: Glowing stars. Each shot is a different color with a slight rainbow trail.
Light Binding: A bigger spinning star, causes a hoop of magic runes to lock the enemy down.
Prismatic Shield: Two stars tethered by a laser and orbiting each other.
Lucent Singularity: A galactic swirl of tiny stars.
Final Spark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjeZwcqJ5w

When she fires Final Spark I'd love to have a magic circle appear beneath her briefly as she charges it up.
Firing Final Spark could also trigger the "spellcard declaration rumble". (Suggested by MarisaØKirisame)
Replace her wand with a witch's broom and, while idle or when moving at a certain speed, have her ride it (Either sitting sidesaddle or standing like a surfboard) (Also courtesy of MarisaØKirisame)
Some new dialogue would be great. Or at least a different laugh. For the love of all that is holy, a different laugh.

EDIT:
FAQ

Q: Doesn't Lux already have a skin based on this appearance?
A: You tell me how much Sorceress Lux or Spellthief Lux resemble the above picture. I can prove I'm psychic by reading your answer before you say it: They don't. At all.

Q: Pulsefire Lux! (not really a question)
A: Pulsefire is established as a super futuristic theme by Pulsefire Ezrael. That's another skin idea entirely from this one, sorry.

Q: You can't copy an anime character! (also not really a question)
A: *Video Game Character. To be honest it's more the basic look that I'm proposing. A knee-length black dress, apron, black top, and a proper wide-brimmed witch hat. Black and white coloration, unlike the cobalt blue of the supposed witch skin, Sorceress Lux. Also the hat on Sorceress Lux is terrible and un-witchy. It's just a blue cone with no real brim.

Q: What's wrong with Bewitching Nidalee?
A: Absolutely nothing. I would love to have Bewitching Nidalee, except you can't get that skin anymore. Also, it's not Lux. It's Nidalee.

Q: Isn't this just a recolor of Sorceress Lux?
A: No, there are lots of ways to do a fantasy witch outfit. Sorceress Lux is only one of them. As you can see in this video, there is a way to make Lux look like a proper witch that is visually distinct from Sorceress Lux. So it need not be a recolor of the existing skin. A Riot-quality version of this skin with the above-mentioned particle changes would be awesome.

Q: What about Rumble/Volibear/Viktor/Trundle? No skins since release! Lux has too many skins!
A: Given Steel Legion Lux came out very recently, I doubt Lux would get another skin for at least a year. That's plenty of time for characters who don't have additional skins yet to get skins. That's a different thread. So please consider the time frame we're looking at in this thread and stop bringing this up. We know.

Q: Morello said no!
A: Morello didn't read the whole post.

XSparkleFistX

09-17-2012

Only if it comes with new effects. Otherwise, meh. I want a super cool skin for Lux. She deserves a Legendary.

Cthulhu Sleeps

09-17-2012

looks like french maid nid.

MarisaØKirisame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I approve.

-MarisaØKirisame

Endertome

09-17-2012

For new effects? Hmm...

Autoattacks: Glowing stars. Each shot is a different color with a slight rainbow trail.
Light Binding: A bigger spinning star, causes a hoop of magic runes to lock the enemy down.
Prismatic Shield: Two stars tethered by a laser.
Lucent Singularity: A galactic swirl of tiny stars.
Final Spark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjeZwcqJ5w

And when she fires Final Spark I'd love to have a magic circle appear beneath her briefly as she charges it up. Possibly also with the spellcard declaration "rumble"? (Suggested by MarisaØKirisame)
Replace her wand with a witch's broom and, while idle or when moving at a certain speed, have her ride it (Either sitting or standing like a surfboard) (Also courtesy of MarisaØKirisame)
Some new dialogue would also be great, to really make it Legendary.
And a different laugh.

Endertome

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaØKirisame View Post
I approve.

-MarisaØKirisame
Now we're cookin' with gas-ze!

XSparkleFistX

09-17-2012

Is that why they call it Final Spark now? Cause I still hate that name. I miss the original name.

Yeah, I can see why this skin would fit Lux. I was hoping for something like PFLux. I mean, she has a lightsaber-ish as a wand. Imagine tossing that out as your W. It just whirrrrrss.... Her laser would be more epic than Ezreal.

MarisaØKirisame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Lux should also have something like Ezreal.
Sometimes, Ezreal will fly with his PF skin.
For Lux, she should be able to fly on her broom occasionally.

When she uses Final Spark, the Spellcard declaration sound effect should play and it should say above Lux: "Ultimate Sign: Final Spark"

XSparkleFistX

09-17-2012

I kind of want her Ultimate to... leave a crater in it's wake temporarily. Doesn't have an effect, it's just visual. It'd just be funny. I mean.. it's not like we'll have a Dragonite Lux... where her ult is Hyper Beam.

Endertome

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSparkleFistX View Post
Is that why they call it Final Spark now? Cause I still hate that name. I miss the original name.

Yeah, I can see why this skin would fit Lux. I was hoping for something like PFLux. I mean, she has a lightsaber-ish as a wand. Imagine tossing that out as your W. It just whirrrrrss.... Her laser would be more epic than Ezreal.
Well, there's Imperial and Commando Lux who scratch that itch.

Oh, I forgot (and am now editing above) that this skin should change her wand into a broom.

Also: As a longtime Lux player: It was originally "Finales Funkeln" at first, then was named "Final Spark" at release. It was renamed "Infinite Light" in August 2012 and back to "Final Spark" the very next patch.

So, exactly what name did you miss? Except for a 2 week stint last month, and her time in beta, it's always been Final Spark.

1234511 ... 36