How do you build nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smile IU

09-17-2012

So he stays viable mid/late game. I do so well early game but can't keep it up. As an assasin i don't do enough damage to kill the carry, how do i build nocturne as a offtank or a tanky dps?

Smile IU

09-17-2012

bump plz answer

Stupidhurts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

6 phantom dancers

Mrnofriends

09-17-2012

lantern/wits end/frozen mallet/heart of gold into randuins later all good stuff

hxxud

09-17-2012

i think the best route is to go wriggles, mercs, heart of gold, aegis, maybe mallet , maw this provides a nice mix of resistances and damage so you can keep either there ad carry out of the fight or get there bruisers off your carries, noc isn't an assasin, hes doesn't have enough damage scaling in his kit hes ment to do damage without need damage items through flat ad boosts and a powerful fear

Deldris

09-17-2012

Lantern - Boots - Heart of Gold - Frozen Mallet - Blood Thirster (if you're doing well) - Maw of Malmordius otherwise - Randuin's - Situational

BiggieJohn

09-17-2012

boot 3pots
wiggles
upgrade boots
brutalizer if snowballing/phage if not
phage/wits end.
upgrade phage into frozen mallet

If you made it this far playing nocturne and the game is not over you are doing something wrong.

BardsmanGob

09-17-2012

Depends on the enemy team comp. More AP damage? Wit's End and Hexdrinker/MAW are nice. More AD damage? Atma's and Wriggle's.

Phage is a must early game to keep them slowed within your tether.
I usually get a HoG just for constant gold as you're usually not getting as much gold as others but I don't get any other gp/10 items as they just slow you down.

Merc Treads 90% of the time.
BT I guess if you want to do more damage but I usually finish randuin's and get either a GA or a Warmog's just to tank out.

Tenmar

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxxud View Post
i think the best route is to go wriggles, mercs, heart of gold, aegis, maybe mallet , maw this provides a nice mix of resistances and damage so you can keep either there ad carry out of the fight or get there bruisers off your carries, noc isn't an assasin, hes doesn't have enough damage scaling in his kit hes ment to do damage without need damage items through flat ad boosts and a powerful fear

Wait what? Noc isn't an assassin and doesn't have enough dmg in his kit? What are you smoking? Max rank Q gives him 55 bonus AD. That's a lot and can make a world of difference especially when you consider his passive.

The only reason people build Nocturne tanky is cause like Irelia their kits are so flexible that you are much better off going for a consistent dmg build than a burst dmg build.

Mourgus

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Wait what? Noc isn't an assassin and doesn't have enough dmg in his kit? What are you smoking? Max rank Q gives him 55 bonus AD. That's a lot and can make a world of difference especially when you consider his passive.

The only reason people build Nocturne tanky is cause like Irelia their kits are so flexible that you are much better off going for a consistent dmg build than a burst dmg build.
As much as I dislike Tanky DPS Nocturne, this is Nocturne in a nutshell.

I, personally, build him with Merc > Wriggle's > Youmuu's > FM > PD > IE > Wriggle's out for BT.
I play him as a true assassin and, considering his utility and ability to stick to targets, which a lot of melee carries lack, it works really, really well for him.