scaling or flat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenSouLz

11-08-2013

Im planning on buying irelia and im wondering should I buy flat or scaling magic resist glyph and what are the diferrents

Hiryuu16

11-08-2013

The scaling ones start lower, but finish higher. If your expected lane opponent deals magic damage, you should get flat ones. If you don't need to worry about magic damage until team fights, get the scaling ones.

If you just want a generic page, I'd suggest the flat ones.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2013

It all depends on when you need the stats.

USUALLY its always best to buy Flat because if you have no early game, there no reason to have late game stats because you won't have the gold to use those stats properly.

Though, for Irelia, assuming you're going top, you can buy Scaling MR but I would buy Flat first.

Why? Because AP Junglers and AP Tops exist. If you have Scaling MR against a Vladd/Evelynn Jungle you're going to get shredded before you can blink.

I have 20 Rune pages and have been playing for nearly 3 years now, so I can easily say you need to have tons of pages and situations, but in reality that is ideal.

If you're just playing blind pick, I would definitely grab flat. If you're playing ranked, and know you're against an AD Lane like Garen, and have a low AP damage or no AP Damage jungler, I'd go ahead and buy scaling so late game they make a difference as in early game they don't matter.

As for what the difference is... the difference could be life and death. I've gotten away with less than 30 life so many times, and I know 10 MR or Armor can easily be the difference in 30 damage.