Which Passive should Ozmodius have?

Will of the Damned 1 10.00%
Corpse Explosion 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Ozmodius, Fist of the Deathsinger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozmodon

09-17-2012

Ozmodius was a powerful magus who's work with the arcana was never ending. He still had many goals to attain and research to perform. It became evident that he wouldn't live to see his work completed. In search for immortality he eventually found his way to the Howling Marsh to make a deal with the Deathsinger himself and a deal was made. In return for his immortality as one of the undead, Ozmodius would fight alongside Karthus in the League of Legends. However there was a price with becoming one of the undead. The process corrupted Ozmodius' magic - making it a dark and twisted version of its former glory.

Abilities

[Vote in the poll for which passive Ozmodius should have]
(Passive 1) - Will of the Damned - Ozmodius gains tenacity with each level until he gains a maximum of 35 at level 18. (Does not stack with tenacity from items)
(Passive 2) - Corpse Explosion - When an enemy champion dies as a result of one of Ozmodius' abilities, the enemy champion explodes dealing damage to nearby enemies.

Q - Curse of the Marsh - Ozmodius casts a spell dealing damage over several seconds to an enemy. Casting other abilities lowers Curse of the Marsh's cooldown by 1 seconds.
W - Siphon Life - Ozmodius casts a spell dealing damage over several seconds to an enemy. Ozmodius heals a percentage of the damage taken.
E - Marsh Waters - Ozmodius casts a spell dealing damage over several seconds, with each tick of damage the enemy target's movement speed decreases and Ozmodius' movement speed increases.
R - Unholy Conflagration - Ozmodius commands green balefire to erupt around a chosen enemy champion dealing massive damage over several seconds to the enemy champion and enemies nearby. Any healing effects used on the afflicted enemy champion will cause the balefire to grow in intensity dealing a percentage of the healing received in damage to the enemy champion and nearby enemies.

Ozmodon

09-17-2012

I don't see a point in posting damage, ratios, and the like. As these numbers would have to be play tested considerably before a champion is launched. And even then champions still need to be tweaked with buffing and nerfing.

hairdo

09-17-2012

Moar dots. Moar dots. MOAR DOTS!

This champ sounds pretty awesome. I like the all dots play-style. E works as an escape and gap closer. I want to play him.

Passive #2 way stronger than passive #1.

CardianChevalier

09-17-2012

Epic Mundo counter is epic. That being said, I do like this idea for a complete DoT champ. It adds an interesting strategy to the gameplay. I feel like you can play him mid, without the need for Ignite or Exhaust, and can instead take something more utility like Promote or Clarity to help out in lane.

And I would say use passive number 1, because passive number 2 seems a little too powered. You could potentially get a penta kill with one skill in a huge team fight if you plan it right. And we already have Karthus and Kat who can do that if timed right. The Tenacity stack would help ensure some survivability for him in larger team fights.

Also, loving the artwork. Would love to see another skin.

GamersEye

09-17-2012

JUst so you know, the idea behind this is not necessarily for them to get in, but for us to express creativity in the form of champions where other people can evaluate it. If by some miracle it gets in, terrific, but go ahead and complete the CD and the mana costs, because it makes it more technically appealing if you actually do want it to get in.

Ozmodon

09-18-2012

In response to GamersEye

Here are some figures that I think might work:
(Passive) Corpse Explosion - 35 + .25 ability power

Q - Curse of the Marsh - Cost 70/80/90/100/110 - Cooldowns 10/9/8/7/6 - Damage 85/125/165/205/245 + .7 ability power over 4 seconds
W - Siphon Life - Cost 80/90/100/110/120 Cooldowns 13/12/11/10/9 - Damage 80/130/180/230/280 +.75 ability power over 3 seconds
E - Marsh Waters - Cost 70/80/90/100/110 - Cooldowns 15 - Damage 50/90/130/180/220 + .85 ability power over 5 seconds. Slows 35% to 47%/59/%/71%/83%/95%
R - Unholy Conflagration - Cost 150 - Cooldowns 120/100/80 - Damage 250/400/550 + 1.3 ability power (50% damage goes to nearby enemies, when enemy receives healing 50%/75%/100% of the healing done is converted to damage to the champion and nearby enemies) over 5 seconds

CardianChevalier

09-18-2012

Holy high numbers batman. 245*4 is 980 base power, not including AP. You could chop people down to nothing in a matter of seconds. Plus with those low cooldowns, you're dealing chunks of damage every few seconds. I mean, sure they're not as low as some, but they're shorting than others. I guess the high mana cost offsets it a little, but still. This is a late game terror, this is a late game nightmare.

I still like the idea of this champion though

Ozmodon

09-19-2012

LorekHedgemon,

Not sure where your getting the multiplication from. I'll make a few examples of his damage with some average AP values.

Rank 1 Curse of the Marsh with 38 starting AP would deal about 111 damage over 4 seconds minus enemy champions starting MR. This is usually the kind of damage I do with Annie's Q

Rank 5 Curse of the Marsh with say 160 AP would deal about 357 damage over 4 seconds

Very end game example with 400 AP Curse of the Marsh 525 over 4 seconds, Siphon Life 580 over 3 seconds, 560 over 5 seconds, Unholy Conflagration 1070 over 5 seconds, Corpse Explosion passive would do 135 damage ( this ration will probably need to be modified however)

I play AP a lot and these are very reasonable numbers even if he stacks 40% Cooldown reduction, he'll have to build tanky, he'll be focused 1st or 2nd, even if he focused one person he would have killed one champion in a team fight very similar to Leblanc's burst, if he spreads it out champions at that point would have well over 2k health

CardianChevalier

09-19-2012

Oh, I see now. I did the total damage times the number of seconds in the duration. I didnt read it as the damage number would be the end result after the 4 seconds, I read it as that was the damage being dealt during the 4 seconds. My mistake.

Ozmodon

09-20-2012

Meant to put the Siphon Life spell vamp scaling:
30%/40%/50%/60%/70%