Loss Forgiven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ahadiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2010

My question: I was recently in a ranked game and finished 11-3-11 with Ezreal.
My team lost, but my loss was forgiven.
I am curious to know why and what factors come into play for me to be forgiven a loss.

Thank you.

I am sure this would be some useful information for the newer players aswell.

ahadiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=257908
Thank you, courtesy of Riot Team.

FrostMjolnir

03-20-2011

If you play against a Mordekaiser it happens too.

Morde es #1.

Sloejean

03-20-2011

The server's pretty good now but it was really laggy and unstable a few hours ago, so they are making losses not count to ensure people did not lose their Elo ratings in Ranked unjustly. They are still keeping it that way just in case any more issues pop up.

TheBoisePolice

03-21-2011

I wholeheartedly appreciate this! i got 3 losses in a row due to lag, that all are excused! thanks riot I'm glad you can relate on a individual level! by the way I'm majoring in I.T. and i want to work for you guy's hopefully! and also you hooked me up with riot points a while ago for lag, you guys are awesome despite the **** people will talk cause of the lag, thanks for keeping up with the unexpected pressure

TheBladiator

03-22-2011

yea good job riot

TheFearedOne

04-27-2011

what about the preteen emo trolls that rage afk every single game, or even 2? we have to get decreased elo from that and no forgiveness there ? other people's troll failures shouldnt make us lose.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFearedOne View Post
what about the preteen emo trolls that rage afk every single game, or even 2? we have to get decreased elo from that and no forgiveness there ? other people's troll failures shouldnt make us lose.
They'll get banned. (Hopefully sooner rather than later.) The reason they can't forgive losses for these, is that you would have people arranging teams, and having one person leave if it looked like they were going to lose. Thus one person gets a leave, everyone else gets to save Elo.

yuugur

05-07-2011

Forgiving does make sense for ranked games but i played a normal game lost and it was forgiven.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-07-2011

Normal games use the same system for match making as ranked games, though you have a different rating for each game type, and normal Elo is hidden.