Gangplank's ult is WAY too loud

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catellite Lives

09-17-2012

Anyone else think so? I shouldn't have to keep turning the volume way down every time Gangplank ults. Lowering the general sound FX volume helps a little, but then I'm missing out on the other cool sound effects. This should be an easy change, Riot. Please, please, please... lower the volume on Gangplank's ult.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

09-17-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Catellite Lives,

We can definitely take a look and make any necessary adjustments. Is this on specifically for the Special Forces skin, or just his ult in general?

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi Im CutePanda

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Catellite Lives,

We can definitely take a look and make any necessary adjustments. Is this on specifically for the Special Forces skin, or just his ult in general?

Thanks for the feedback!
I've noticed this on Special Forces skin only. It is EXTREMELY loud.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

09-17-2012

I've only been in one game with Special Forces but I also thought the ult was too loud. Not extremely loud but noticeably louder than other sfx or his regular ult.

Eclips3 Omnomnom

09-17-2012

the first time i heard his special forces ult it was terrifyingly loud, I jumped out of my seat and my wireless mouse went flying lol.

hollowlite

09-17-2012

I haven't had any problems with classic GP, but whenever I ult as SF GP his ult is much louder than any other sound effects in the game.

Rustmaker

09-17-2012

I knew that the SFX for his Special Forces ult seemed too loud! Wow, I thought it was just me!

WaTeR aBuSeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Haven't noticed this issue :/. Now can we get the mf ult sound to be louder then maybe people will play her

Darth Melkor

09-17-2012

I think it was intended to be that loud since it's a helicopter, I say if it isn't causing ear damage keep it! if it's too loud you're too damn old!

StormThief

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I played a game as Classic Gangplank vs Special Forces Gangplank on Dominion yesterday.
We overlapped ults at the Windmill and it was ridiculously loud when he used his ult. Mine was normal and expected, his was blaring and obnoxious and completely drowned out my own.