We could use an in-game MIA macro key

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

"it takes as long to read a message in chat, than it does to glance at the map and count upto 5 enemies..."

This is a poor excuse for not calling mias. Everyone can read the chat or hear a ping, but not everyone has developed map awareness yet. There's also a difference between moving in and out of the fog of war or the brush briefly and roaming - it's very rare for all five champions to appear on the minimap simultaneously, even during laning, and even having the four lane champions appear isn't consistent. That's why you rely on calls for mias, rather then the minimap - your teammate in midlane is likely a better judge of when his lane opponent is simply beyond his sight for the moment, and when he's actually left lane, then you are from the minimap.

When you know an opponent is roaming, you play alot more defensively, often missing opportunities to harass or farm in the interest of making yourself less gankable. You shouldn't be doing this every time someone briefly disappears from the minimap, but when someone is actually missing from their lane, it's a safer option.

So do your teammates a favor - call your mias. You have a much better idea what your lane opponent is doing then they do, whether that be hiding out of sight in bushes or fog of war, backing, recieving a buff donation, or actually roaming. While your teammates should be able to use the minimap to gather some level of information about the other lanes, they should also be able to rely on you to provide more detailed information that's relevant to them.

As far as the topic, a macro would be useful for those times when stopping to type isn't ideal, like when there's lots of farm that needs to be picked up, and/or you're extended to a point where typing might leave you vulnerable to a lane return or gank.

So while I do approve of the idea, I think players should be typing as much information as possible when they have the chance to do so, and shouldn't be relying on a macro unless they need it.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Listen and harken to my voice! Yea! Verily i say unto you. There is a Riot, and it has heard our outcry!

Phoonnomnomnom

04-04-2013

Hold G, click and drag to the left, then let go.

Not that hard.

buneter

04-08-2013

so because my top should be map aware and I dont call M.I.A then he makes it unfun game for me I like the logic in half of these guys

Dylan 2228

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoonnomnomnom View Post
Hold G, click and drag to the left, then let go.

Not that hard.
This feature was not available when this thread was started.

Sylleath

04-10-2013

With the new missing ping, just macro it to a random key (mine is the "A" key) I just hold it down until 3 "?" pops up.

MarethRavenlocke

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
I do this too. Usually a series of Retreat pings in the direction I saw them leaving. If they ignore the pings, they wouldn't have read chat either...
^This

Especially since the new smart ping system adds text into the chat box. I usually do three MIA (yellow questionmark) pings in the direction I saw them leave, and along the path I expect them to take.

Waymer1911

04-20-2013

Hold G
Hold left mouse button
Move mouse left
Release left mouse button.