We could use an in-game MIA macro key

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BelligerentGnu

09-17-2012

Typing MIA is often awkward if you're in the middle of fighting someone, or whatnot. Out-of-game macros '(like keyboard macros) are better, but still require you to bring up chat, disabling ability buttons.

An in-game 'MIA' macro key would solve this.

captain of fail

09-17-2012

Well MIA isn't really necessary as long as the players are watching the minimap. There really isn't anything wrong with the idea just that I don't think it's necessary.

Demmitril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Games like SMITE have this thing, pressing VM1 keys gets a "Enemy missing top" message. VM2 is enemy missing mid, and VM3 is enemy missing bot. (Ir something like that) I hope RIOT adds this in a near future.

valianthen

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain of fail View Post
Well MIA isn't really necessary as long as the players are watching the minimap. There really isn't anything wrong with the idea just that I don't think it's necessary.
If everyone would check the mini-map,there woul be no need for mias

Lord Ryushishin

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by valianthen View Post
If everyone would check the mini-map,there woul be no need for mias
However you probably wouldn't have your eyes on it all the time. Like if you are engaging the enemy in your own lane.

Dragonzord86

09-25-2012

it takes as long to read a message in chat, than it does to glance at the map and count upto 5 enemies...

Moose1be

09-26-2012

guys guys its called SS

Radken

09-27-2012

Or communicate before the game that you will PING your lane should there be an MIA, ping yellow (be safe) when they're MIA and blue (retreat?) when they have returned to lane.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

I just double ping, retreat and attention. So blue/yellow, and I tell them at the beginning that is what it means. This way they know get two pings, and it stands out.

3mptylord

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightning View Post
I just double ping, retreat and attention. So blue/yellow, and I tell them at the beginning that is what it means. This way they know get two pings, and it stands out.
I do this too. Usually a series of Retreat pings in the direction I saw them leaving. If they ignore the pings, they wouldn't have read chat either...