Mundo or Nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lakers

09-16-2012

I'm looking to add a jungler to my list of champions. I don't know whether or not to choose Mundo or Nocturne.
I tried Mundo out for like 8 games and it was great. He's an amazing counter-jungler but his ganks are a little off. He clears jungle amazingly too.
Nocturne on the other hand, doesn't clear the jungle as fast an Mundo, but his ganks are godlike.
I really don't know who to choose. Can anyone help me out?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

I have both, and neither really seem to fit my playstyle well. Nocturne is too squishy, and I'm always at a much lower health percentage on Mundo then I'm comfortable with, at least until late game.

I prefer tanky junglers, especially ones with good CC, like Alistar, Udyr, Nunu, and Maokai, and while Mundo technically seems to fit into that group, I find I'm more of a liability in teamfights when I try to tank with him then with the others I've listed - his ult never seems to heal him fast enough, and I get focused down too quickly.

If those two are working for you, however, my personal preference is Nocturne. His damage is very high, his ganks are strong, and his ultimate adds a very unique element to the game. He's a bit of a liability in teamfights, but if you have a tankier or AP focused team in general, he definitely adds alot as an additional sustained DPS champion.

Knightmarex4

09-16-2012

nocturne is fun to play

mundo is better

well thts my opinion

thenewattacker

09-16-2012

mundo because he is better in every aspect except ganks and dps

HeXiiS

09-17-2012

learn both.

if ur team has good CC - then pick mundo. ask your lane to provide the CC necessary to gank.
if not then pick nocturne.