Best defender in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethal stoner

09-17-2012

Maokai

short ranged slow feared by runners
gap closer wich is.. feared by squishies
artilery wich can be used as al-qaida bodyguards with some AP these things are feared
massive damage reduction with massive range and a very feared one ingame aswell

no matter how u build as long as theres a little bit of ap and prefferably a little bit of CDR they wont come near the point when maokai is on it

best used in conjuction with some1 who has a long range ult for the backcappers wich will be alot when your playing maokai

67chrome

09-17-2012

Well, I'd imagine anyone with a solid minion-clearing AOE to keep waves pushed away, enough survivability to avoid being instantly bursted, CC to deter enemies from diving you, and at least some sort of ranged poke to deal with attempted caps on either side.

Basically, not Fiora XD

I've had trouble getting points from Alistar, Zyra, and Nautilus, but Maoki seems to fit all of the above criteria.

AgaresOaks

09-17-2012

Lulu, Alistar, or Maokai.

Maokai with garrison on your bot point often forces you to go to another point. He can often win or stall for a very long time even against two people, and it's quite hard to opposite side cap the bot points safely.

Prandine

09-17-2012

Of the champions I've played, I think varus can do a pretty good job of defending capture points. In one of my matches, the quest was to cap drill, defend windmill, and I alone defended the windmill against 2 bots (I hid in the brush next to the health relic and minion spawns). I didn't need to kill them, I just needed to hold them off long enough for my team to capture the drill, which they did.

RTBardic

09-17-2012

Zyra holds a point pretty well -- even if you kill her, she's got 2-3 plants and an ult down, usually delaying any capturing long enough for allies to arrive on the scene.

SCIENCE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I'll second Zyra being one of the worst champs to try to reclaim a point from. Tons of poke with short cooldowns, ranged auto, CC to keep her safe and the ult covers an entire point.

MajorUrsa

09-17-2012

I dont know if hes the best, but hes one of my favorites.

Skarner can hold a point against 2-3 champions no problem under a turret. Being able to exhaust one champion, CC a ranged/high priority dps target, drop a garrison, while tanking both of them and aoeing them down under a turret is really effective and makes him a dangerous champion to dive on a turret, even when you have the advantage.

dustyspells

09-18-2012

Well, many ppl seem to mention mao, ali and lulu.
I can easily imagine how mao would defend a point with his ulti and saplings.
But what skill lulu and ali use to defend a point?

SylianEUW

09-18-2012

Lulu. When she has both Garrison and her ulti up, she's hard to kill. She can also poke from a distance and clear minion waves to some extent. I'm not sure if she's the best, but she's really good at defending.

ZehNetoBR

09-18-2012

How come no one mentioned Cho'Gath yet? He's got to be, by far, one of the best defenders (or point holders, whatever you prefer). I won quite a few 1v2s already with him, not to mention a few times in which I was 1v3 (or even 1v4) and, while being killed, not only I took one with me, but also bought a great amount of time and reduced the others' hp low enough so that my teammates could arrive in due time and do the clean-up dance.

Other picks would surely be Alistar, Leona (dat AOE + Zenith Blade = constant ping-ponging from one side of the turret to the other ) and Blitz. Jarman IV is surprisingly good as well (once I 1v2'ed a full-health Sivir and a half-health Voli with a half-health J4. Cataclysm + turret powah = epic trolling).