Need Help with Lee Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DittoBlaze

09-16-2012

I really suck with lee sin I always feed as him. My jungling goes fine but during a gank i always either hit a minion with my q or it just doesn't hit anything. I never kill anyone in my ganks. I'm not sure what to max first should I be maxing e for jungling or q? I'm also not sure what to build for him. I usually build a frozen mallet but I always feel really squishy even with the mallet. Should I be getting a tri-force on him? I know the sheen is kinda wasted because he doesn't use mana but is it still a good item to get on him? Please help me I really want to become good at lee sin ive seen lees lvl 2 gank first blood then 15 mins later they are 10-0.

Edit: he sucks in lane just as bad. Got completely ****ed by xin zhao top killed in around 3 secs flat. So much for him being "tanky" more like a glass cannon melee who does no damage (when compared to other glass cannons). He can only hide in the jungle and hope noone finds him.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Sounds like you should practice more skill shot base champion before moving onto Lee sin, he takes a lot of skill and decision making to be strong.

DittoBlaze

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Sounds like you should practice more skill shot base champion before moving onto Lee sin, he takes a lot of skill and decision making to be strong.
Good starting advice but please give me an example of what you mean by decision making

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Normal Lee sin: Q on enemy to gank

Well Practiced Lee sin: Walk in and E, then Q (obviously it is situational, but sometime it is better)

Pro Lee sin: FLASH E and then Q, (Once again, situational, but this ensure a DEADLY level 2 gank that often kill the enemy even if they use flash)

5kyMarshall

09-17-2012

If you suck engaging with Q. Don't use it until you hit a 'E' and they start running.
Not ganking until they have overpushed is also a good choice.

Regards,

Essieu

09-17-2012

Here's the list.

1. Gank on lvl 2. Your damage is huge. Take red, go to top or mid. Wait until the enemy gets to a point where you can walk up behind them. Do it, E, then land your first Q. Wait for flash, and as long as their not within tower range you then Q again.

2.(this is more personal preference) If a game is going slow as far as ganking oppurtunities, or my health is around half-ish. I will back on either 1050 gold, or 1175. (assuming you started armor 5 pot) This will get you either Madreds and boots, or Madreds and a health crystal. Then proceed as so. Wriggles>Heart of Gold>Merc Treads. After this, the building gets fun. If you want to be tanky go Phage, Aegis, or Hexdrinker depending. If your still ahead and dont need to be tanky, build a brutalizer and then go into Frozen mallet. Then, really you got it figure it out for yourself.

For instance, I used to do the Atmas Leesin Build. Unfortunately I like to do damage and basically be a "tank" by scaring people away from my carries. And the Atmas build is much more of an actually tanky dps. So I played lee more and figured out my build path. The start that I do is very flexible in whether you will be going high damage or tank leesin, but the final build path is totally 100% up to you, practice and watch your replays.

StrmCkr

09-17-2012

if you want help in game, add me and spectate some of my lee sin matches, i run him 90% of my games and am highly proficent with his tool box with well over 1000 games with just him

that being said, i dont mind showing what the champ can do and teach the ideas and concepts for using the champ well, the commetns on reading a sistuation and applying the right skills to either live support or secure a kill is 100% y lee is hard to use.

below is a copy paste from other threads that i have posted on: {idea's build options for lee}

lee sin: is one of the hardest champ in the game to be excptionally good with, this being said lee is considered god teir jungler by many.

i do recomment hundreds of games to get familary/ profficient with using his tool set.

Lee Sin doesn't actually "carry" a team on his own, this is a common misconception when playing lee:

Lee is a counter-reactive champ that plays postionally, without wards, team mates or objects to safeguard onto lee has limited mobility for juking/kiting. These are what make lee a strong carry, by using his team he creates plays that can lead to a victory.

get used to spacing out abilites to maxamize his enegery regen & lifesteal/spell vamp from auto attacks
E(1-2) -> E(1-2) -> W (1-2) -> W(1-2) -> Q(1-2) -> Q(1-2) ->> repeat

Practice landing his Q for effective ganks.
Practice Ward hoping and firing skill shots.
Practice W or QQ'ing & flashing behind target via minons/wards to set up a E-E -> R
Pactice combo burst's & escape - QERQW
practice safeguarding & droping tempetest /criple on landing

advanced:
lee can do soemthing i like to call stack casting: casting ablites within animations of 1 skill befor it resolves, so that more then one casts seeming at the same time.

examples to change direction:

Q a target, activate Q to dash at target mid air cast W onto a new target.
timed well you hit target and jump back just after impact. {rapid key pressing can result in the appearence that only W cast but they take damage from Q}
time poorly you don't hit with second Q and leep to W target instead.
{notes is posbile to accomplish this with R}

the timed poorly part is the intresting notation: this allows you a get out of jail free.
if you see aoe flying in your on-coming direction.

you calso use this to bait out stuns snares ect then go for a kil.

mid air devastation:
QQ - actvate ERW while flying at target. {a intresting way to avoid aoe silences}

there is alot more then this to learn with lee sin: befor i go into more details on it here is my typical setup.

lee sin in the jungle.
3 Flat AD Quins
3 flat AD marks
6 flat armour pen marks
9 Flat armour seals
9 flat magic resitance glyphs

21|9|0 mastery
use this set up.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-0-0-0-0-0&v=2

alternatives
9|21|0
0|21|9

summoner spells: Smite & Flash
or
exhasut & smite

Skill Order: {Safer longer higher sustain jungle paths}
E -> W -> W -> Q -> Q -> R : max R ->Q - E -> W

Agressive: {ealy gank}
E -> Q -> W -> Q -> Q -> R: max R ->Q - E -> W

jungling paths: Lee can technically start anywhere on the map without leashes with the stated setup

routes:
1) wolves - wraiths - 2x golem- red - wraiths - 2x golems - wolves - blue buff
2) wolves - blue - wraiths - 2x golem - red - wraiths - 2x golem

counter jungling: {leave at least 1 creep per camp alive}
vs Skarner,WW, Ammumu, Udry, Fiddlesticks {basicaly any champ that starts at blue}

3) enemy wraiths, enemy red, enemy 2x golem, blue, wolves, wraiths, 2x golem, red, wraiths 2x golem

if they start at red
vs lee, Riven, shyvanna
4} enemy wolves, enemy blue, wraiths, 2xgolem red, wraiths ,2x golem wolves blue,

Jungling lee Doesn't require Wriggles lantern: however it does have many beinfits and syngerizes with lee's tool box nicely.

if i do buy an early wriggles i sell it late game for a better item.

Final builds: {listed in order of surivability -> higher burst{low surviablity} }
Tanky Dps:
mercury treads/ninja tabi, Warmog's armour, the Bloodthirster, Atama's impaler, Force of nature, Trinity Force

Trinity off tank {my own build}
mercury treads/,ninja tabi, hextex gunblade, Radunim's Omen, Force of nature, Trinity Force,youmuu's ghost blade

MAw'ed to death
Mercurty treads/ninja tabi,, MAw of mortualis, Bloodthirster,Lastwhisper,Radunim's Omen,trinityforce/ Guardian angel

nukie Sin {my own build}
mercury treads/,ninja tabi, the Bloodthirster, infitity edge, last whisper,Trinity Force,
the blood thirster {or sword of the occult if you can maintain 6+ stacks

I do have several other build ups that i use but im only going to list four general builds.

situational items:
ageis of the legion
Quick silver sash
Frozen mallet
Guardian angel

starting items:
boots of swift ness + 3 heal pots
or
Vampiric Sceptor
or
Cloth armour + 5 heal pots
or
doran's blade

each of these is a valid starting items for lee sin: how you start is up to you and your playstyle

general notes for each:

boots allows faster walk paths, easier escapes early lvls for ganking and agressive counter junglng.

vampiric sceptor safer less risk jungling no wasted money on heal pots.

cloth armour heal pots: strong 1 v 1 if expecting to defend or initate agressive coutner jungling, less dependance on life regen to survie jungling paths, offers more agressive paths.

doran's blade: higher early game burst damage for ganks, some life steal and more life.

lee's build order is based on farm and what postion your team needs you to perform as.
i cannot give advice on how to build each of the final builds as my order always changes from game to game.

what i can say is that mid- late game lee becomes item dependant and requires alot of farm if you are struggling and cannot get in good ganks use gold per 10 items to transition into late game. {trinity off tank build is great for this}