bruisers mid beat the HELL out of ap mids and don't have to unbalance the team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warlemming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I'm happy this thread came up lol. Just today I played a ranked game, where the enemy team first picked Akali, then our team picked Garen, so they counterpicked Teemo. We sent the Garen mid instead and our Morgana top. Both lanes won

Dragvio

09-17-2012

I run chogath mid if he is counted as a bruiser?

Méthode

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archra View Post
I run chogath mid if he is counted as a bruiser?
If he's built as one, otherwise he is just more "beefier" mage with huge hitboxes.

WarTornPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I don't know how much I agree with this. My three main mids are Malzahar, Morgana, and Zyra. I really don't see any of the bruisers beating me in lane. Not to mention that a melee has to commit to a fight a lot more than a ranged to secure the kill. It would be really, really easy to gank a bruiser when he tries to step on a mid champion.

Sterk

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
I don't know how much I agree with this. My three main mids are Malzahar, Morgana, and Zyra. I really don't see any of the bruisers beating me in lane. Not to mention that a melee has to commit to a fight a lot more than a ranged to secure the kill. It would be really, really easy to gank a bruiser when he tries to step on a mid champion.
I'm about to start a game but I wanted to at least reply to this and hope you're still around. I can see it from your perspective that those three champs could be difficult to deal with, but in your mind's eye make sure you're seeing it from level 1. Not from level 4 or 5 or later when you usually encounter the bruisers.

Keep in mind your trading with them is largely involved with autoattacks early on. They've built Mr and have AD, you've probably not got built in armor and probably don't have AD. Just factor that in.

Blugyblug

09-17-2012

strategy completely relies upon having 4 random solo queues in your team being required to play Vlad, Rumble, Kennen, maybe morde or Swain (And Swain only if you're on blue side). Other mages don't really work well at top, for the exact same reason you're sending a bruiser to go mid.

Never going to work in solo Q unless riot releases a ****load of manaless APs.

netkitten

09-17-2012

it's worse than ap mid bruiser jungle because ap mid needs more level/farm advantage to do its work

WarTornPanda

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterk View Post
Keep in mind your trading with them is largely involved with autoattacks early on. They've built Mr and have AD, you've probably not got built in armor and probably don't have AD. Just factor that in.
Which is why you simply play defensive and wait for levels/ganks. How is a bruiser going to stop an AP carry from farming, especially mobile or pushing AP carries? Who cares about trading if I can farm and deal with you later?

I can see a bruiser going mid and beating Kassadin for example, but I can't imagine it working against most other AP carries.

Kizuna

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
I play a fair bit of gp mid.

Pretty sure he counters morgana entirely - he laughs at malz as long as you avoid transfers of malefic, and probably wouldn't have a big deal laning vs zyra.

WarTornPanda

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasado View Post
I play a fair bit of gp mid.

Pretty sure he counters morgana entirely - he laughs at malz as long as you avoid transfers of malefic, and probably wouldn't have a big deal laning vs zyra.
He's a decent counter to Morgana and Malzahar, but now we're talking about a single "bruiser" against specific champions. I still think Morgana and Malzahar would handle you pretty easily. They would have total control over the lane even if you might win trades. Gangplank doesn't have the range or mobility to stop them from farming.

And any decent Zyra would crush a GP. No questions asked.