Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaxMalady

09-21-2010

Hey, just wondering what people usually get on Taric. I bought him recently and am totally at a loss as to what i should build on him. Any tips?

Eph289

09-21-2010

Quote:
MaxMalady:
Hey, just wondering what people usually get on Taric. I bought him recently and am totally at a loss as to what i should build on him. Any tips?

Meki Pendant -> Chalice -> Basic Boots -> Aegis of the Legion -> Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi.

That's a good core build for Aura Taric. From there, there are other good items that work well.

Stark's is nice for physical teams that don't have it.

Everyone loves Soul Shroud, and it has survivability.

Haven't messed around with the new locket, might not be bad.

Abyssal Scepter gives a nice debuff and gives you AP and MR if you want some AP. Good for a team of casters that don't have it yet.

Then you just build survivability and be truly truly truly outrageous.

TimmyTeat

09-22-2010

i go mana manip, aegis, merc treads, upgrade manip to soul shroud. after that it's situational. ghostblade or starks(or both in really long game) if i'm going more attack minded. force of nature or banshees if they have a lot of magic. frozen heart, omen, or sunfire if they are physical. basically anything after those first 3 items depending on what the situation needs.

Gyoro

09-22-2010

Quote:
MaxMalady:

Try a RoA+Rylai's+Zhonya's and merc boots, if they are AP heavy get a FoN/Banshee or Abyss Scepter for MR, if they are Melee Heavy get a Sunfire/Aegis.

330~ ap is so effective on taric it's not even funny his heals...best in the game. A Full AP taric is ownage, Dazzle hits like a truck and shater can clear a wave and you can heal for ~900 on yourself easily..with a huge mana pool to keep radiance rolling for the team fight

HanzGruber

09-22-2010

When I'm the main tank I go for: Chalice, aegis, boots of choice, glacial shroud/frozen heart or FoN, randiuns or QSS.

If I'm the off tank I often get: Manamune, aegis, boots of choice, glacial shroud/frozen heart or abyssal scepter, starks

If I'm playing support: Chalice, aegis, boots of choice, soul shroud, starks, abyssal scepter or glacial shroud/frozen heart

Once I have completed my frozen heart, if the game is going really long, I sell off chalice to pick up something like frozen mallet for it's health and slow. This happens very rarely though. I obviously play aura ***** Taric. He nets great ability to tank damage and gives some of that to his team.