need help to get out of elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t0ad5

09-19-2012

If you don't want to call it "elo hell", then lets try "15 more games in a row with people on my team that I can't believe are lvl 30 much less playing ranked, with whom I have little to no chance to win the game regardless of personal performance"

Actually, I guess elo hell is easier to type.

JIRK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

same spot yo... want que with 4 others ranked without having to be in a team yo!!!

Radio Osawa

09-19-2012

i agree there is an elo hell, i'm struggling to maintain 1200 elo because there is ALWAYS just that one person who has the worst attitude ever and doesn't comprehend how to play with a team in a TEAM game. Just yesterday, we had a nunu jungler and we caught lee sin at our wraiths and he was two ticks from dead and nunu could have just ice blasted him but walks away and says "NO IM LEVELING" we of course lost first blood and proceeded to lose the game with the whole team raging at each other since that nunu was duo queue and his partner called us idiots for blowing our summoner spells and basic spells on that lee sin.

MY ADVICE to you is don't duo queue. It makes it worse because if they are about the same elo as you, then you get paired up against higher elos so you will just be a burden for the team most likely. Play normal games until u get enought IP to buy rune pages and master the champs you love then try your lucky in ranked again.

Further questions?
add me in game

Divine Snowenne

09-19-2012

I'm new to ranked and I hit 1400 yesterday (higher point flux. went down today, but will go back up).

Anyways... I'm not a bad player, but I'm not a #1 champion... Here's what I did:

Watch streams of high rated players in the lanes you play. It also helps if they're playing a champion you play, to see what other people (high rated ones). You can see how they counter certain things and make their lane counter their *****. You might have to rely on yourself to carry the game every time, so establish your dominance and get ahead ASAP. Well, that's what I do...

LuminesDragon

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurahara View Post
i agree there is an elo hell, i'm struggling to maintain 1200 elo because there is ALWAYS just that one person who has the worst attitude ever and doesn't comprehend how to play with a team in a TEAM game. Just yesterday, we had a nunu jungler and we caught lee sin at our wraiths and he was two ticks from dead and nunu could have just ice blasted him but walks away and says "NO IM LEVELING" we of course lost first blood and proceeded to lose the game with the whole team raging at each other since that nunu was duo queue and his partner called us idiots for blowing our summoner spells and basic spells on that lee sin.

MY ADVICE to you is don't duo queue. It makes it worse because if they are about the same elo as you, then you get paired up against higher elos so you will just be a burden for the team most likely. Play normal games until u get enought IP to buy rune pages and master the champs you love then try your lucky in ranked again.

Further questions?
add me in game

Also trying to get out of elo hell with a partner isn't a good idea because you can drag them down with you. I've asked a few of my upper elo (1300-1400) friends to get me out, but as long as there is one troll (which there usually is) on the team it all goes to ****, and they end up lousing elo. I've had friends louse 200 elo trying to help me out. just too many trolls in the game.

t0ad5

09-19-2012

I work from home and have streams going all day...
This doesn't seem to be making people on my team dc/afk or troll less.. nor does it seem to be helping them have map awareness, not get caught, etc...

I dont think that me watching streams is helping the game put me with competent ppl?

Hard to carry 2-4 people who don't want to play as a team and seem to have no interest whatsoever in winning.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-19-2012

If you're not a troll/rage/afk/feed/dc/whatev, then the enemy team is 20% more likely to have a troll/rage/afk/feed/dc/whatev on their team than you are.

And if you're at least as good, if not better, than the skill level required to play at the Elo you're currently in, AND you consider games with a troll/rage/afk/feed/dc/whatev on your team to be completely unwinnable, then the games in which there is a troll/rage/afk/feed/dc/whatev on the enemy team must also be considered completely unloseable for you.

Therefore, you have unloseable games 20% more often than you have unwinnable games, even if you're only on-par with the skill level in your Elo bracket. The only way to have more unwinnable games than unloseable games is if you're playing at too high of an Elo, which is exactly the opposite of the claim that Elo hell believers make.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post
I work from home and have streams going all day...
This doesn't seem to be making people on my team dc/afk or troll less.. nor does it seem to be helping them have map awareness, not get caught, etc...

I dont think that me watching streams is helping the game put me with competent ppl?

Hard to carry 2-4 people who don't want to play as a team and seem to have no interest whatsoever in winning.
So the question remains, how come you keep getting beat by teams with 3-5 people who don't want to play as a team and seem to have no interest whatsoever in winning?

The people on your team are pulled from the same pool of players as the people on the enemy team.

t0ad5

09-19-2012

Seems like you are saying that the other team has as much of a chance to have as many bad players, thus the chance to win at team selection is equal.

I could flip a coin, call heads and see if I win, but that isn't very fun for very long.

The game is supposed to be about fun and competetion, but currently, for me, it isn't, due to this 50/50 chance to win based on how many fail players you have on the team.

I just want a good game. Players on my level would be a great start.

Oh, I flipped the coin again and lost... putting me further away from a good game =(

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post
Seems like you are saying that the other team has as much of a chance to have as many bad players, thus the chance to win at team selection is equal.

I could flip a coin, call heads and see if I win, but that isn't very fun for very long.

The game is supposed to be about fun and competetion, but currently, for me, it isn't, due to this 50/50 chance to win based on how many fail players you have on the team.

I just want a good game. Players on my level would be a great start.

Oh, I flipped the coin again and lost... putting me further away from a good game =(
It's not that simple. For a lot of reasons.

1) You're assuming their is a troll/rage/feed/afk/etc. in every match. I never suggested that this was the case. I only said that the enemy team has a player of this sort 20% more often then your team does. It could be the case that 10% of the time you have that player, 12% of the time the enemy has that player, and the other 78% of the time, neither team has this player.

2) Even if there was a troll/rage/feed/afk/etc in every match, it's not 50/50. Remember, I said the enemy team has that player 20% more often. Assuming their is one of these players in every match, and he alone is determining the outcome of the match, you win 56% and lose 44%.

3) You assume that the troll/rage/feed/afk/etc is 100% of the deciding factor in games in which he is involved in. You're saying that you have NEVER won a game with a troll/rage/feed/afk/etc on your team and that you have NEVER lost a game with a troll/rage/feed/afk/etc on the enemy team. Now, if you're in your proper Elo bracket, then it very well may be the case that a troll/rage/feed/afk/etc has more of an influence on the outcome of the game than the other 9 players. But if you're in an Elo bracket with players who are significantly worse than you are (which is the asinine assumption Elo hell believers make), then you have a large impact on the game then that one troll/rage/feed/afk/etc.

Look, the thing is, it's not you and 4 bad teammates against 5 players. It's you and 4 "bad" teammates against 5 equally "bad" opponents. No matter what Elo bracket you're in, the enemy team is pooled from the same group of players as your teammates. The enemy players are not consistently better than your teammates. They're not consistently worse. There's really not a whole lot of consistency, but in the long run, the average skill level of your teammates is exactly equal to the average skill level of your opponents.