Will anything EVER be done to compensate for a 4v5?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lasterus

09-16-2012

Maybe let our nexus health decrease slower. Something. ANYTHING. Because as it stands right now, if someone is AFK from the start and doesn't come back within a few minutes, it's pretty much over.

I know the same thing can be said of other maps, but it's a lot more harsh in Dominion. In SR, you at least gain the benefit of having a solo lane's experience. In Dominion, there's absolutely no trade off. You're down a person? Lolk, everyone still gets the same global experience so you get nothing.

If there IS already something in place, can you tell me it? Because I'm certainly not feeling it.

naotasan

09-16-2012

If they come back and you're holding at least 2 points, it's very possible to make a come back

byobsoad2

09-16-2012

>more harsh in dominion

not really. it's much harder to snowball than in SR. 2v1 bot in SR is pretty much a fed carry, gg. Like the guy above said, you can still make a comeback. Comebacks in general are easier in dominion, so I'd say 4v5 is worse in SR.

Doom Owl

09-16-2012

I won a 4v5 today really hard

Lasterus

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
If they come back and you're holding at least 2 points, it's very possible to make a come back
While this is true, an enemy can easily tell when someone is AFK (only 3 came top and their mid isn't being Backdoored) and can and will take advantage.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

They will never implement anything that is easy to abuse, so just figure out a system that is impossible to abuse.

MajorUrsa

09-17-2012

The team with the 1 man advantage has their mid point disabled after 3 minutes and is only re-enabled when and if the teams are rebalanced.

FDru

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by byobsoad2 View Post
>more harsh in dominion

not really. it's much harder to snowball than in SR. 2v1 bot in SR is pretty much a fed carry, gg. Like the guy above said, you can still make a comeback. Comebacks in general are easier in dominion, so I'd say 4v5 is worse in SR.
You seem to not understand how this game works. Being down a man in Dominion makes the enemy team 25% stronger than you. There is no advantage.

Being down a man in SR gives the remaining players more gold and experience comparatively, and if you play well you will outlevel the other team. You can use that advantage to push for an early victory. Late game, when they catch up (which takes forever) then you start to be at a severe disadvantage.

I have almost 2,700 Dominion games played. I've never once lost a 5v4. I've won one 4v5, where the enemy team was horrendously bad. It takes a special kind of stupid to be able to lose with such a massive advantage in manpower on such a small map.

Orphane

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by byobsoad2 View Post
>more harsh in dominion

How is that even true? At any point in the game in Dominion the other team can simply outnumber you and have more map presence than you can. It's not a matter of snowball or anything. The enemy 5 can and will have more resources on the field than your 4. There is basically no way you can win a 4v5 that drags out unless you were already close to winning when the disconnect/afk happened and the enemy team screws up hard enough for you to eke out the final points for a win needed. Or another half-a-dozen situations where the enemy team is so bad you would have won the game in under 15 minutes with no stress if your 5th person hadn't been afk.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

@byotoad or byobdsoas 2 however it is
Dominion may not be a game about gold but League of legends internal mechanics are a game about gold think as of this on Sr a 10k gold advantage on a particular match pretty much wins you the game, now guess how much gold is a player Worth on Dominion? exactly their build is worth around 9-10K gold, being down a player means being down by 10 thousand gold thus a really easy game for the enemy team.