Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

☆☆☆ WHY You Should Click PUNISH For One Bad Incident Out Of Five ☆☆☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devastator Jones

07-05-2013

Quote:
JohnnyOmega:

Sending the offender a warning early on can help prevent the bad behavior from snowballing out of control.

Bad behavior snowballs. As a person who studied behavior modification and watched the Dog Whisperer I know this for a fact.

The way you deal with a person who behaves badly, lets say someone teases you or disrespects you... You call them out on that right away.

If they weren't trying to do anything wrong they will usually back away from that behavior in the future. But (to use a schoolyard example) if you let teasing escalate to the point where you become the schoolyard pariah, it's going to be much harder to bring that behavior in line. And moreover, people tend to believe the things they say about you on some level (even if they say they are just kidding), so its very important to eliminate teasing to manage your reputation.

JohnnyOmega

07-17-2013

Methinks some voters need to see this thread after a player that berates his teammates got pardoned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6509241/#nogo

Nikmo

07-17-2013

Quote:
JohnnyOmega:
Methinks some voters need to see this thread after a player that berates his teammates got pardoned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6509241/#nogo

They should just throw out cases where 1 person out of 9 reports someone, its a waste.

SimplyAlive

07-17-2013

Quote:
Nikmo:
They should just throw out cases where 1 person out of 9 reports someone, its a waste.

So one guy gets abused and teammates can't be bothered to report (premade or simply glad match is over/forgot to report)

Let's disregard these valid reports.
What could possibly go wrong?

JohnnyOmega

07-17-2013

Quote:
simplyalive:

what could possibly go wrong?

dr-evil.jpg

Hexanna

07-17-2013

The only way I pardon is if I see that the reported player has literally done NOTHING, or if they were being harassed by their team. Most of the cases I get are definitely ban worthy, so I click punish.

tempname129c

07-18-2013

10/10

would report and punish all the things again

JohnnyOmega

07-18-2013

There should be something like a mandatory but short video tutorial whenever someone accesses Tribunal for the first time.

The video should not say anything further than to click Punish if "there is a clear violation of the Summoner's Code in one of the games". The video should explain that the result of clicking Punish is that the player will receive a warning email and that it will ONLY be a warning email if the player has not been warned previously about his/her behavior.

I think that it would go a long way to preventing false pardons.

KittyPrawn

07-18-2013

I don't know. I don't fully agree with making this a mandate, along with your what should be punished. The Tribunal shouldn't be dictating what the whole community should be agreeing on. If I find that certain behavior is pardonable that you would punish, there's nothing wrong with that. I may not be in the majority, but I'm not incorrect. If I feel that one minor offense out of 5 games isn't enough to hit punish, there's nothing wrong with that. I may not be in the majority, but I'm not incorrect.

Bumping things like this makes people feel they should be voting in ways that they may not actually agree with. I think it changes the nature of what the Tribunal should be.

PenguinKillBear

07-18-2013

Quote:
KittyPrawn:
I don't know. I don't fully agree with making this a mandate, along with your what should be punished. The Tribunal shouldn't be dictating what the whole community should be agreeing on. If I find that certain behavior is pardonable that you would punish, there's nothing wrong with that. I may not be in the majority, but I'm not incorrect. If I feel that one minor offense out of 5 games isn't enough to hit punish, there's nothing wrong with that. I may not be in the majority, but I'm not incorrect.

Bumping things like this makes people feel they should be voting in ways that they may not actually agree with. I think it changes the nature of what the Tribunal should be.

I tend to agree with you on this.

The point is not for everyone to vote the same. The point is to let the community decide whether or not they would want to play with that player. Its about giving the community the chance to decide what is and is not acceptable. While I agree with many things said in all of your threads, I am uncomfortable with trying to instill a "right or wrong way" of voting.

If I feel one bad incident was not bad enough to warrant a punish for the entire case. I am not going to vote that way. If I feel the one incident was extreme enough, I will.