☆☆☆ WHY You Should Click PUNISH For One Bad Incident Out Of Five ☆☆☆

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

10-07-2012

Bumping this because of a thread by a player who was uninformed of what it means to be guilty in Tribunal.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2653822

JohnnyOmega

10-21-2012

Another player asking about the same thing.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post30503281

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Agree. Well said OP.

Pastoulio

10-22-2012

Seriously OP? I can't believe a thread like this actually has positive votes. Any dissenting opinions about the tribunal get completely stamped out by this community. There's no place for proactive debate here; especially if you think that someone with only one report-worthy tribunal case OUT OF FIVE deserves to be punished. Get over yourselves and grow some thicker skin. People rage and trashtalk in team games; it's the nature of the beast.

There's an ignore function if someone is being problematic (except it rarely gets used because your average LoL player is much too vindictive and would rather report someone than ignore them).

But this is beside the point. If you're going to be so self-righteous as to punish someone for a single infraction and give credibility to people who wantonly report, I hope people afford you the same courtesy when you end up in the tribunal yourself. I judge people fairly, not with a chip on my shoulder.

JohnnyOmega

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastoulio View Post
Seriously OP? I can't believe a thread like this actually has positive votes. Any dissenting opinions about the tribunal get completely stamped out by this community. There's no place for proactive debate here; especially if you think that someone with only one report-worthy tribunal case OUT OF FIVE deserves to be punished. Get over yourselves and grow some thicker skin. People rage and trashtalk in team games; it's the nature of the beast.

There's an ignore function if someone is being problematic (except it rarely gets used because your average LoL player is much too vindictive and would rather report someone than ignore them).

But this is beside the point. If you're going to be so self-righteous as to punish someone for a single infraction and give credibility to people who wantonly report, I hope people afford you the same courtesy when you end up in the tribunal yourself. I judge people fairly, not with a chip on my shoulder.
1. Considering the fact that the majority of players in the game will never show up in Tribunal, it is not the nature of this beast.

2. If you have forced another player to turn on his/her mute function then you have already caused a negative experience.

3. It actually takes a lot of reported incidents to trigger a case in Tribunal. The ones you see in cases are only a sampling of the most recent cases within X days.

4. To punish a player for a punishable incident is very fair for the victims who had to put up with toxic behavior.

5. To send a first time offender a warning as the first level of punishment is very fair to the offender because it gives him/her a chance to reform before the system flags him/her for potential suspension by manual audit (even if you keep getting pardoned, the system keeps the records of reported incidents for Riot Staff to review).

6. Considering the fact that I am mature enough not to rage in any of my games and treat my allies with respect, I can safely say that I will never show up in Tribunal with a legitimately reported set of incidents. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of other players can say the same. Can you?

Pastoulio

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
1. Considering the fact that the majority of players in the game will never show up in Tribunal, it is not the nature of this beast.
No, it's the nature of multiplayer online games, and the internet in general. I was not talking about the insulated tribunal, where apparently you think everyone is guilty by default. And no, the majority of players DO end up in the tribunal at some point or another.

Quote:
2. If you have forced another player to turn on his/her mute function then you have already caused a negative experience.
So if I feel like ignoring you right now, then you're causing me a negative experience?

Quote:
3. It actually takes a lot of reported incidents to trigger a case in Tribunal. The ones you see in cases are only a sampling of the most recent cases within X days.
So? People get reported all the time, for literally any reason a disgruntled player can come up with. What YOU propose is punishing people over benign reports just because they may have said something punishable in one game. If only one of their games has something reportable in it, THEN A SINGLE DATA POINT DOES NOT INDICATE A TREND.

Quote:
4. To punish a player for a punishable incident is very fair for the victims who had to put up with toxic behavior.
Why not just get over it? You're advocating something that could lead to the banning of someone's account, which robs them of their time and money invested in the game. Just how petty and vindictive ARE you? A "justice" system is supposed to consider the rights of the accused too.

Quote:
5. To send a first time offender a warning as the first level of punishment is vry fair to the offender because it gives him/her a chance to reform before the system flags him/her for potential suspension by manual audit (even if you keep getting pardoned, the system keeps the records of reported incidents for Riot Staff to review).
Okay? If anything, the system needs to be more lenient, with additional warnings before temp-bans, and incidents should be cleared after being pardoned. You should also have the opportunity to speak on your own behalf, but whatever, you'd probably be against that too.

Quote:
6. Considering the fact that I am mature enough not to rage in any of my games and treat my allies with respect, I can safely say that I will never show up in Tribunal with a legitimately reported set of incidents. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of other players can say the same. Can you?
Apparently you're not mature enough to discuss things rationally without being condescending.

Being in the tribunal is a question of "when," not "if."

JohnnyOmega

10-23-2012

Another question arises about why a player is majority punished.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2714554

JohnnyOmega

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastoulio View Post
1. No, it's the nature of multiplayer online games, and the internet in general. I was not talking about the insulated tribunal, where apparently you think everyone is guilty by default. And no, the majority of players DO end up in the tribunal at some point or another.

2. So if I feel like ignoring you right now, then you're causing me a negative experience?

3. So? People get reported all the time, for literally any reason a disgruntled player can come up with. What YOU propose is punishing people over benign reports just because they may have said something punishable in one game. If only one of their games has something reportable in it, THEN A SINGLE DATA POINT DOES NOT INDICATE A TREND.

4. Why not just get over it? You're advocating something that could lead to the banning of someone's account, which robs them of their time and money invested in the game. Just how petty and vindictive ARE you? A "justice" system is supposed to consider the rights of the accused too.

5. Okay? If anything, the system needs to be more lenient, with additional warnings before temp-bans, and incidents should be cleared after being pardoned. You should also have the opportunity to speak on your own behalf, but whatever, you'd probably be against that too.

6. Apparently you're not mature enough to discuss things rationally without being condescending.

7. Being in the tribunal is a question of "when," not "if."

1. SUMMONER PLEASE WHO U THINK U TALKING TO?

Here is a piece of research that I trust more than your claim.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2473430

Quoted from Lyte (Riot staff): "For the vast majority of our players, they will never, ever show up in the Tribunal so I don't think it's a system that should be feared."

Lyte works with the design of Tribunal so he knows his stuff.

2. If you're muting out of spite rather than escape, it's hardly forced.

3. People do get reported all the time, but the majority of players don't get reported enough to trigger Tribunal cases. A punishable incident is still a punishable incident no matter how much you try to butter it up.

A single incident does not indicate a trend, however a single incident does not trigger a case being formed. A single incident shown on a case is merely a sample of the stack that triggered the case out of the most recent incidents within X days. A trend is what creates the case, not the other way around.

4. The rights of the accused are always considered because verdicts in Tribunal are manually reviewed, not automated. Riot Support is always available in rare cases of false punishes, and the code of behavior which everyone agreed to when signing up for the game is readily accessible with the simple click of a link.

It's not a ban for the first punishment, and if the punishment was unjust, then the punished player can have his/her record reset to pre-warning by contacting Riot Support. I recommend posting the reform card link for feedback on forums before doing that otherwise one could get remembered in future audits for wasting Support's time with a legitimately punished case.

5. Incidents are already purged from Tribunal on a Pardon. Repeat cases are the result of reported incidents from after the purged case. (records are however kept for considerations of permanent suspensions by Riot staff later on)

Reform cards showing the punished cases are mailed along with punishments to give a chance of figuring out what went wrong. We have forums and Riot Support to discuss the cases that have been punished so there's plenty of opportunity to speak on one's own behalf.

6. It wouldn't seem condescending if you counted yourself among the possible millions that I mentioned.

7. Being in the tribunal is a question of "when," not "if" for players who can't follow The Summoner's Code.

JohnnyOmega

10-25-2012

With the return of Justice Reviews, more voters may be participating than usual so bumping this to help voters remember.

VG Megaman

10-25-2012

I just got a permaban for 1 game in which i raged out of the 2 that were up on the tribunal.I have never been punished or banned before,never got a warning and went right to perm ban.How the hell is that fair

1234567 ... 12