Shyvana Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painkiller0730

09-17-2012

i seem to be coming up short in my game kill/death ratio wise can anyone give me any shyvana tips as to item builds.... i seem to use her fire spin move and fire shot more twin bite

Porterfield

09-17-2012

I usually build the appropriate boots according to my enemy in lane first (so merc against AP, tabi against AD, if not really gettting harrassed, I would get berserkers) then I build double dorans into a vampiric septer (for wriggles). Once I get wriggles I build up Warmog's for the extra HP so that I can play a more tanky shyv. I build atma's impaler for the damage, and then the rest of my items depends on the situation. If you need more damage wits end or madreds bloodrazer aren't bad. Frozen mallet isn't bad as well. If you need defense against AP a banshee's veil will help with that. I find that playing shyv I don't really need to worry about taking too much damage once I get warmogs...

M3GaL0d0n

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmastah54 View Post
I usually build the appropriate boots according to my enemy in lane first (so merc against AP, tabi against AD, if not really gettting harrassed, I would get berserkers) then I build double dorans into a vampiric septer (for wriggles). Once I get wriggles I build up Warmog's for the extra HP so that I can play a more tanky shyv. I build atma's impaler for the damage, and then the rest of my items depends on the situation. If you need more damage wits end or madreds bloodrazer aren't bad. Frozen mallet isn't bad as well. If you need defense against AP a banshee's veil will help with that. I find that playing shyv I don't really need to worry about taking too much damage once I get warmogs...
That's mostly the tried and true build for shyvana, it shines in some situations but isn't really that good most of the time.

Another build to try out is a build that revolves around Trinity Force because Shyvana can make great use out of sheen procs.

-Mercury Treads (Ninja tabi are always an option, but since shyvana can't really get away without SOME cc reduction, it isn't really worth it most games.)
-Sunfire Cape (When Shyvana is close to enemies with Burnout up, enemies will take a lot of Magic damage over time)
-Witt's End (Shyvana synergizes well with attack speed and bonus magic damage)
-Trinity Force (Never rush this item, it's not worth it, just build sheen and let this item sit until lategame. Aside from occasionally building Phage for some extra health, I rarely finish Trinity Force)
-Force of Nature (Even if the passive isn't a good as it would be if you stacked health, you gain a LOT from the movespeed, and MR for tanky-ness)
-Guardian Angel (An excellent late-game item on any champion.)

This is a different build that focuses a little more around being less tanky but deal much higher damage through crits.

-Ionian Boots of Lucidity (Offensive boots are generally a bad idea, but if you don't need the sustain or you have strong tanks on your team, go for it. On a side note, these are more important than Berserkers)
-Youmuu's Ghostblade (The active-effect is great with burnout, allowing Shyvana to stick to targets very easily and deal lots of damage. Also give CDR)
-Frozen Mallet (Shyvana becomes very sticky, and very tanky with this item.)
-Phantom Dancer (Extra movespeed and some crit-rate, along with more attack speed)
-Atma's Impaler (More crits and AD and some armor)
-Infinity Edge (Boost those crits and get some crazy damage)

Some other items that work well on Shyvana are...

-Aegis of the legion, (Usually leave this for the support/tank to build, but it's still great if no one on your team gets it by mid-game)
-Malady (Shred enemies MR for bonus damage for you and your team)
-Ionian Spark (Bonus health and attack speed, great if you want to deal that AoE damage)
-Bloodrazer (Enemy Volibear or other health stacking champion? Tear them apart)
-Randuins Omen (Excellent Armor and the active is great for champions who cannot build Frozen heart without wasting money)
-Hexdrinker (If you're getting melted by enemy AP carries, grab this item for sustain and damage)
-Starks Fervor (Wait... What?)
-Zeke's Herald (a good item for supporting your carry, if they're doing well and you aren't)

These are some items to stay away from.. they just aren't very good on Shyvana.

-Hextech Gunblade (Just build Blood Thirster, the AP is wasted as is the Spell Vamp, she dosen't heal very much from her abilities)
-Frozen Heart (This item give the largest amount of mana in the game, sure the other stats are great, but you waste a huge amount of money building it)
-Shurelya's Reverie (Youmuu's ghostblade... get it into your head)

Try those two builds sometime and see how you like the items in them, feel free to mix and match some stuff, and figure out your playstyle with Shyvana. GLHF and ask anymore questions you have.

Ouroborous HD

09-18-2012

try building tiamat and start laughing when your twin bite starts destroying everything in front of you

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

don't listen to either of those guys. You aren't going to win many games with those builds.

if you join my chat channel 'cardboardowl' in the client, we can talk in depth about how to improve your shyvana play and build. I'll try and teach you how to figure it out so you don't have to keep coming back to the forums and asking the general public.

don't mean to sound rude or anything, but anyone is allowed to post on the forums, whether they know the champion or not. I know how to shyvana, check my ranked stats with her.

Amethystine

09-19-2012

I've been enjoying Shyvana greatly. Admittedly more in Dominion than Rift or Treeline, but that's just 'cause I like the fast pace of Dominion... that, and her kit just kinda feels like it flows better in Dominion.

Attack Speed is your lifeline. To this end, Wit's End and Madreds are both considerable assets to Shy's kit. More attack speed from both means more attacks between skills. This means Q cools down faster, your Ult is available for more often and lasts longer, and you can quickly and painlessly dart off when a turret's safe or secured to refill your rage/lifesteal/farm before the enemy can so much as respawn.

I build Shyvana usually like this for Dominion:
Attack Damage Marks and Quints (Shy's less reliant on Armor Pen as compared to other attackers owing her mean use of rapid Madreds)
Attack Speed Glyphs and Seals (She'll get plenty of natural defenses via her ult levels and her items)
Summoner Spells: Exhaust and Ignite. Could take Revive, Garrison or Promote instead of Ignite.

Skill Order (first 6 levels): W, Q, W, E, W, R. Priority: R > W > Q > E

Item Build for Dominion: Boots of Speed, Prospector's Blade (learning)/Boots of Speed, Ruby Crystal, Long Sword (experienced), Phage, Mercury Treads or Berserker's Greaves depending on enemy cc, Bow of Recurve, Wit's End then Razor if having trouble early, Razor then Wit's End if doing well, Frozen Mallet.

This is the core build. From here, you can decide on pretty much anything, the game's -usually- near over by now... some options include...

Sanguine Blade: If they're building magic resist more than armor for some silly reason, nab this.
Ionian Spark: If your bottom player's doing reasonably well, get this to help in those clustered fights up top.
Randuin's Omen: Always a solid option, though I'd only get this if the actual tank didn't get it.
Phantom Dancer: Shyvana's greatest weakness is kiting. A little extra movement speed and a helluva lot more attack speed and crit never hurt a dragon. Choose this if you're having trouble with those pesky Ashes.
Malady/Black Cleaver: I'd try to grab one of these dependant on what your other teammates are grabbing. Tristana rocking a Cleaver? Grab Malady. Kayle or Teemo sporting Malady? Swing a Cleaver around.

As for how to play Shyv on dominion, it mostly comes down to practice and timing. Here are some tips...
- Get used to nicking back to creeps during 'safe' moments to fuel your Dragon Fury, the more it's up, the more useful you are.
- Storm Shield is powerful on you, true, but your carry might be better with it still. Ask before getting it... or better, cover your carry getting it if the tower's not in imminent danger.
- Generally you're a good candidate for dashing to mid at the start. By the time you cap it, your W will be up for another dash into the fight top.
- Be wary of knockbacks or pulls. If Darius, Alistar, Blitzcrank or any such heroes are guarding a tower your team needs (namely top), the best course of action is to try and pounce onto a more vulnerable target. The tank can and will control you long enough for the team and tower to finish you off before you can deliver much damage.
- Shyvana is -great- at denying Champions captures or storm shields when she has full Fury. Stay in the jungle and pick off their carry when they go to grab their buff.