Why are all sonas so stupid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avenger460

09-21-2010

My friend plays great support sona included he gets AP items that give him more health so hes not squishy and keeps his distance just to be safe. Its not about the amt of health rather can you survive with a low life champ like sona.

cryosphinx

09-21-2010

i build locket/the new item gives me decent hp/cd/mp5 then i build the AP items

Lucchinii

09-21-2010

This is pretty much the reason I kept dying on my last game.
Used to playing champions that don't die in two hits against an MF that only has a Doran's Blade at level 12.

I really gotta remember that Sona's squishier than... Everybody.

Grahalen

09-21-2010

it must just be sona the character. couldnt be the person playing her, nope.

The Jacobian

09-21-2010

Or you could, you know, position well...

Gale

09-21-2010

I go Shurelya, Soul Shroud, (these two plus masteries = 40% CDR also) and then I start getting AP Items. Shurelya is amazing on her because it lets you get your team out of a tough situation. I agree you shouldn't get AP Items until you have survivability.

Synergize

09-21-2010

Well yes, most Sonas will be bad because it's the first day she's out. I bet 50% of the people who have her, got her just because she's only 3150 and not because they actually enjoy support champions. As a result, you have all these people trying to stack pure AP and, I dunno, carry with her or something. In time, people will 1) realize she's not a carry, and 2) find better item builds.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
I go Shurelya, Soul Shroud, (these two plus masteries = 40% CDR also) and then I start getting AP Items. Shurelya is amazing on her because it lets you get your team out of a tough situation. I agree you shouldn't get AP Items until you have survivability.
But you also have your E... though its probably your last aura to level.

I'm thinking RoA would be good for her. Catalyst is strong for laning, and the rod fills three of her needs nicely. (HP, MP, AP)

Maikky

09-21-2010

**** ap

locket/frozen heart/boots of swift/veils = middle of team fights healing like a boss

i honestly don't remember the last time i played such a fun champ.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergize View Post
Well yes, most Sonas will be bad because it's the first day she's out. I bet 50% of the people who have her, got her just because she's only 3150 and not because they actually enjoy support champions. As a result, you have all these people trying to stack pure AP and, I dunno, carry with her or something. In time, people will 1) realize she's not a carry, and 2) find better item builds.
Her ratios are decent though. Q is doing like 1.2 AP (Split between its targets), and her ultimate has a .7 on a wide linear AoE.

She looks to need a balance of a lot of elements. I'm thinking she's high on the list of Golem buff users, the CDR and mana regen are perfect for her.