Lux Questions and Anti-Tank Rant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I think Lux's ganks are grandiose, but you gotta do that when the jungler is ganking too. Example: jungle ganks bot. he advises you "wolves then gank bot"(or wraiths if you're on blue side)

lux can push the lane really fast, so push it, go bot with the jungler, and gank.

for the tank issue, try this build: Rod of ages, Ionian boots of lucidity, Archangel staff, void staff, if you're getting lots of CS/kills, and the game isn't over yet, get a lich bane. if not, get a haunting guise or start building towards DFG. If it's a pretty bad game, build a guardian angel.

When you got that stuff(make sure to have that lich bane at some point), you will be doing substained damage through cooldown reduction and passive AA procs, as well as Lich bane every other skill, while not being 2-shotted by any bruiser..

but that's just one way to play it, if you don't like the whole "not dying from my positioning mistakes but dealing respectable damage" type of gameplay, then ignore this.

TwistWrist

09-17-2012

That's such a bad build. Just a RoA with barely any resistance and you want to get into Lux autoattack range? Nah.

The Archangel Staff even with a RoA still gives less AP than a single Deathcap. Really no reason to go Archangel Staff in your build.

I would replace the AA staff with a Deathcap and the Lich Bane with an Unholy Grail. Because realistically...Lich Bane really isn't that great on Lux. Might work if the enemy has no gapcloser or decent range CC...but otherwise, rather mediocre on Lux for teamfights. However, more CDR would mean more utility so I prefer the Unholy Grail.

TehomCD

09-17-2012

I also can't quite get behind the Archangel build because while it has a lot of tankiness and mana, it doesn't have either the damage of a conventional deathcap build or the early/midgame power of things like Grail that TwistWrist was suggesting. It'd be very strong for extended poke fights/standoffs due to mana, but otherwise I think you'd be a lot better off building for Lux's superb early/midgame by dorans into deathcap or something like Grail into deathcap.

My feeling is that dying to tanks might be more a positioning/play issue than anything else - you should range virtually any initiation ability they have, so you're probably just getting too close, probably by trying to land autoattacks for your passive.