So lets be serious, could AD Leblanc work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

09-16-2012

I know I know... Why would you do this? She is AP, don't be a bad...
But I wanna try it.

She has a good base AD to, 106 at 18. That means sheen and trinity would probably work rather well. She also has good mobility and CC, and amount that would probably be far superior to the traditional ranged AD.

I don't know her actual attack speed, but my base plan would be to get trinity and probably get a bit tanky, or if the CC mobility and passive can keep me alive, get some more ad.

Now, lets say you were ganna make an honest attempt, how would you build her?

Melvear

09-16-2012

Well, she's got horrible base AS, which would definitly work against you. She has no steroid either, but she does have great escape mechanism. Distortion once to get some distance, mimic to get more, Chain to slow/root.
As such, I'd build her straight damage/ADC. Prospector, Berzerker, IE, LW, PD, Sanguine. You don't need any phage item to kite, and since her abilities all have fairly long cooldown, and aside from sigil you want to use them defensively for the most part, I don't think trinity would be the best route to take..

Aroyok

09-16-2012

A year or so ago, I read a Red saying that LB's clone actually does AD damage when it attacks. I was under the impression that it can attack but doesn't do damage. Anyway, if her clone DOES do damage when attacking, then AD LB isn't as trolly as it seems

Why would you do it?
-Slicky smooth attack animation, meaning she delivers her damage when you want it and not after a giant windup(think Ryze)
-Silence
-Snare
-Gap closer/escape
The combination of her utility and her mobility while pelting people with autoattacks could be a worthwhile experiment. The big issue with this build is that she'd still have to go glass cannon to make it work, and she'd be using her kit sub-optimally.

NavyGothic

09-16-2012

With no steroid and mediocre range (525), she's going to lose badly to other AD carries. With that said, it's an interesting idea to counter gap-closer bruisers who normally destroy AD carries (Wukong, Jax, Pantheon, etc.).

You'd have to go glass cannon AD carry build (IE, PD, LW). Brutalizer / Ghostblade for CDR? No idea whether that would be needed or not.

Degnared

09-16-2012

Hah. As far as AP carries go, I can think of worse candidates to try as AD. I bet she would win duels with the ever-present Ezreal, too, since she has a silence. And even with no AP, the base damage from her combo is pretty high, giving her an edge.

I think the key would be to use her abilities offensively to win duels with AD carries, and defensively to survive being jumped on by a bruiser. The main problem with that are her really long CDs, so you couldn't do both during a teamfight. I would suggest ganking bot as much as possible. Splitting up teamfights into smaller skirmishes should work in her favor.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

ooooh someone's been watching shivHD guides =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iAUq...ature=g-user-u

HaIfhearted

09-16-2012

Heh, I love those vids.

Anyway, the problem with LeBlanc as an AD carry is lack of steroids and extremely short range.

Tristana would have a much easier time than LeBlanc staying alive while dishing out the deeps, while also having a very strong lategame.

Caitlyn would be able to more reliably auto-attack things as well, and comes with the benefit of very long range AD-scaling poke, AoE, and a ranged execute.

Yeah, you can do some fun mind-tricks with Distortion, but in the end there are too many cons for AD LeBlanc to be a competitive pick.
Also, LeBlanc has fairly longish cooldowns, so she wouldn't be able to proc triforce very often.

Think about it: if LeBlanc DID have what it takes to be a competitive AD carry, I would think someone else would've made it popular a while

Orphane

09-16-2012

Short answer: no

TCWA Tigerbite

09-17-2012

I prefer AS Ziggs.

Degnared

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Think about it: if LeBlanc DID have what it takes to be a competitive AD carry, I would think someone else would've made it popular a while
I agree with this completely, but I don't think OP is asking whether AD Leblanc is going to start showing up in Dominion tournaments. I just think that, of all the champions that are not meant to be played AD but can be played that way anyway, there are worse choices than Leblanc.