Tips for solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaShedon

09-16-2012

I'm not here to complain about elo hell or how much better I am than everyone else, but I do feel that in ranked games so far with a small sample of 27 games (5 today after a long break from ranked, during which I tried to improve myself in normals), there's a startling disconnect between my performance and my team's as a whole.

Take my games today: I've had a kda of 4.8/3.2/6.8, with 3 games jungling, one as top, one as support. Of these 5 games, I've won 1. I try to help out my team as much as possible, but it seems that whatever I do, at least 2 people feed beyond the point that I can really help despite my best efforts (or my jungler somehow feeds), then proceed to get raged at and/or rage at the rest of the team while I sit there annoyed and trying my best to mediate, when possible.

Is it possible that I've just been unlucky with ranked, or is there something I can do that will have an impact on my abysmal win rate? I don't think of myself as an amazing LoL player, but I really think that I tend to be better than most of the people I play with in ranked.

Agent of God

09-16-2012

**** happens. just keep playing

HaShedon

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousNegro View Post
**** happens. just keep playing
There has to be something non-skill related I could do. >.>

PureGG

09-16-2012

quite honestly the only way to win games is to carry your team, or assist in carrying your team.
For example I main support, so I found a good adc to duo with, one I can trust to do his job, and I just support him. We need to learn how to better carry tho because, well, a few games ago we got him fed up to 11/1/6 or something like that.. and we still lost the game because of a feeder top lane.
But really the only sure fire way to win games is to carry your team.

Lord Solar Bear

11-17-2012

I hear you have to play over 100 ranked games before your ELO starts to climb. One of my buddies had really crappy ELO... it was around 1000... and he was one of the better LoL players I had ever seen outside of the pro circuit. After about 120 ranked games he jumped to 1600 ELO. I hear it's just playing ranked a lot and trying your best to stick to your job (supports, by wards keep the carry alive, ADC and APC, don't get greedy in team fights, try to kill the other carries, tanks try to soak up as much damage as possible, etc.) Hope this helps.
Steven

Lord Solar Bear

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaShedon View Post
There has to be something non-skill related I could do. >.>
Sometimes yes. I suggest watching your own games and being a jerk about your playing. Really practice last hitting, warding, etc. Trust that little voice in your head that tells you when you are going to get ganked, or that tells you to not check dragon, et cetera. These are things I am implementing with my own play to try to get my game up, because apparently I am a good jungler but my ELO does not reflect even competent play.

TeknoWizard

11-17-2012

Try mid laning if you're good at it? That position allows you a good opprotunity to gank and get your team so fed that it's physically impossible for them to throw.

ego49er

11-17-2012

I do terrible in solo queue if I dont play bot lane so i try to stick to it as much as possible, also I just dont do well without friends because usually theyll feed me or my adc and i have tons of fun.

I just say find someone nice to queue with and it may seem better.