Part 1 (preview) Ch.1 The Vexed Blades (Fiora x Katarina)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Major Nuker

09-17-2012

I keep thinking I get it right I'm sorry D:

Ark Angel HFB

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Nuker View Post
I keep thinking I get it right I'm sorry D:
lol
Part 1 = Spaced by me...
Part 2 = So close... maybe one section a bit to big.
Part 3 = Good right till the end where you are just like "aaawww @#%$ it. That block of 11 lines isn't toooo bad"
Part 4 = Hey this isn't that hard at all...

Congrats you have now passed Fanfic on a forum 101... Next up... How to not over use ellipses... maybe... just maybe... someone else teach that lesson... maybe....

BTW your writing is very good and I'm enjoying reading it now that the spacing is correct. Good Job!!!

Major Nuker

09-17-2012

The last section of Ch.1 of The Vexed Blades. Enjoy!

This Noxian...the situation is serious. She deals in death, not diplomacy. The beautiful black widow of Noxus...

“If you are here to kill me, Du Couteau, you may find more than you expect,” Fiora said coolly as she closed the door behind her. When she turned a tossed knife caught her eye, and if her rapier had not been out to parry it, she would have been skewered.

“Grand Duelist indeed,” Katarina whispered into the chill evening air, “but are you truly strong enough to train our Noxians?” she said, from behind.

Fiora whirled around, her blade up, but Katarina was already inside her defenses. The girl with the scar was inches from Fiora, and as she leaned in, Fiora could smell the slightest hint of a Noxian perfume. The girl was dangerously close, and could kill with a single stroke. Instead Fiora felt one of the larger, traditional blades between her knees, slowly moving upwards. She means to kill me in my own home...Fiora realized, as the blade pressed between her thighs. But the stroke never came.

Katarina laughed. “You look nervous, Duelist. Could I possibly be scaring you?” The whisper sent shivers down her spine, Katarina's breath breezing over her exposed neck and ear. The girl tightened the gap and put her other arm around Fiora. When she turned, Katarina nipped her ear and disappeared, her laugh echoing.

“What do you want.” Fiora was nervous, but the danger here, a real danger, stirred her lust for dueling. “You say you must be certain I am strong.” There was no answer in the darkness as Fiora peered around. She wants to duel me, for a certainty. She mused at the romantic nature of it. A dance with the devil...how beautiful.

Finally, a reply reached her ears. “Well, if the Grand Duelist saw the need, I might see the fun in a little fight. After all, violence solves everything,” Katarina said, from the center of the room. And there she stood, clad in her tight leather armor, a slew of throwing knives about her belt, holding her two favored cutting blades, one in each hand. She seemed to sway with the words.

By now, Fiora's worry was gone. A duel she would happily participate in. “Very well, Du Couteau. I have heard of you skill with not just one, but many blades. I can see no better opponent than you in this room, so I happily accept,” she said confidently, striding into the center of the room.

Katarina flipped her scarlet hair and laughed, eerily loud. “Then, Miss Laurent, when you are ready,” she said, and bowed deeply. Fiora followed suit, and then lunged.

It was one thing to parry a single blade, another thing to outmaneuver an opponent, but fighting someone who could attack behind you, in front of you, or from distance was a totally new and challenging affair. Despite herself, Fiora laughed as she blocked a blow from behind. Katarina had disappeared again, only to strike Fiora where she had no defense. Whirling after the block, Fiora faced Katarina again, lunging and striking when appropriate.

The Sinister Blade's eyes seemed to dance in the growing moonlight. “Excellent!” Fiora found herself gasping, as Katarina continued her dual assault. Suddenly the girl was gone again and she found herself trying to parry a blow from behind as three throwing knives flew at her, followed by Katarina herself suddenly appearing at her rear. With five blades, most swordsmen, and even esteemed Bladesmen, would be gutted.

Fiora's left hand reached behind swift as a shadow, grabbing her smaller dirk she always kept hidden behind her back. With her right she parried two of the knives, letting one that was sailing high to the right fly over her shoulder as she leaned, dipping, to the left. At the same time she riposted Katarina's blades, turning a five bladed assault into a two bladed retaliation. Instead of hearing a satisfying cut from either, Fiora heard the knife embed on the wall behind her.

“Now this is exciting,” Katarina said, seated on the Overseer chair. “It's not often I find someone worthy to cross blades with...Fiora.”

Fiora sheathed her dirk and rapier, and turned to Katarina. “I could say the same myself, Katarina. Did I displease you?”

Katarina hummed softly to herself before stepping down and approaching Fiora, swaying her hips and stowing her blades.

“You did not, Demacian, displease me,” she whispered as she stepped close again.

She is...violent, skilled...and...absolutely the best I have ever fought. She takes pleasure in bloodshed, I can see it...can such a lustful assassin really be the best? Could it be possible all those in the League are so powerful? Or even more so?

“For some reason, Duelist, I am glad you didn't die tonight. It would have made me so sad,” she said as she placed a hand on Fiora's hip and cheek, looking up at her. Fiora was frozen. She never let anyone come this close to her. Letting others in was too dangerous unless prearranged.

Without letting her reply, Katarina turned her head and pulled Fiora in, kissing her flatly on the cheek. Wide-eyed at first, Fiora found her hand on Katarina's hip, and gripped it plainly.

“Kat got your tongue, Duelist?” she said hotly, the words laced with lust.

Fiora managed a quip. “Not quite, but darling, you are so very close. I suppose this is a good thing, is it not?”

Katarina laughed again. It could be a habit of hers, Fiora noted. She also noted how hot the room was getting. Garen? No. He isn't...fiery enough. But this woman is dangerous...

“How intriguing. After all, you hang Demacian banners in your home...you are the self-titled Grand Duelist of Demacia and here you are flirting so rashly with a Noxian. And not just any Noxian, but their best assassin...whose blades you blocked.” She giggled at that. “There's only one other to have truly matched me like that, even if for just a few seconds...and I hear you met with him earlier today. Tell me, what did Garen bring you, Duelist?” So that's what she's after. Garen...she means to kill him somehow. But I don't know where he is. And House Laurent holds no quarrel to Noxian or Demacian.

“Persuade me, Noxian. And I may tell you what he brought, and why.” After all, Fiora was truly interested in the situation.

“Bring me your famous wine, Fiora, and I may consider a chat somewhere more private, hmm?” The assassin said, nipping an ear.

She is so unlike anything I could have imagined...is she truly this flirtatious with skilled fighters?

“Zhen, dahling, you have come to ze right place," she replied in the most thickly accented words she had managed in a long time. Fiora hastily grabbed Katarina's hand, and led her from the room, toward the dining hall.

Major Nuker

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark Angel HFB View Post
lol
Part 1 = Spaced by me...
Part 2 = So close... maybe one section a bit to big.
Part 3 = Good right till the end where you are just like "aaawww @#%$ it. That block of 11 lines isn't toooo bad"
Part 4 = Hey this isn't that hard at all...

Congrats you have now passed Fanfic on a forum 101... Next up... How to not over use ellipses... maybe... just maybe... someone else teach that lesson... maybe....

BTW your writing is very good and I'm enjoying reading it now that the spacing is correct. Good Job!!!
Well for writing it all in one sitting, I'm pretty proud so far :P

Silver of Souls

09-17-2012

-throws empty popcorn bag over my shoulder and readjusts my monocle-

Mmm, yes, go on...

Major Nuker

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver of Souls View Post
-throws empty popcorn bag over my shoulder and readjusts my monocle-

Mmm, yes, go on...
Haha give me a week, it was all in one night :P

Plus the next bit probably won't be safe to post depending on how it goes.

Silver of Souls

09-17-2012

Quote:
Plus the next bit probably won't be safe to post depending on how it goes.
Quote:
the next bit probably won't be safe to post
Quote:
probably won't be safe to post
Quote:
won't be safe to post

Ark Angel HFB

09-17-2012

Quote:
5 bucks thing lead to this being relevant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ru-...eature=related

Major Nuker

09-17-2012

Quote:
To tease you a bit more, I'm trying to get Ganassa (http://ganassa-artwork.blogspot.com/) to do two scenes; one of the two fighting, and the other of them together :P

I can't say how awesome it's going to be, cause it may take a while to be finished or be rejected, but my idea of it is pretty sexy >.>

Yasako

09-17-2012

This development, so un-yuri-like. Not sure if want. Actually, it might just be the deluge of different Kat stories that is making me so apprehensive.