Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends servers devoured by rabid mongoose

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

09-21-2010

Stay tuned for the full story and more, Runeterra News at Nine will return after this commercial break.

JohnPetrucci

09-21-2010

I was in a game and it exploded
server devoured status: confirmed

SlyGoat

09-21-2010

Runeterra News at Nine is sponsored in part by Hextech Industries

Are you tired of boring old weapons that use boring old kinetic energy to inflict damage on your foes? Well now you don't have to be! Introducing our newest product, the Hextech Big ****ing Laser Sword - All the power of your typical oversized sword in a lightweight ergonomic design, functional yet stylish, and capable of cleaving through 20 inches of reinforced steel in a single swing!

Side effects of Hextech products include **** leakage, blood in mucus, blood in tears, blood in hair, melting and/or purpling of the skin, and amphibian polymorphism. Not recommended for pregnant mothers. Remember, drive responsibly, and never under the influence of relics of untold arcane power.

GunnaGitcha

09-21-2010

Those side effects are worth it. I WANT A LASER SWORD!

SlyGoat

09-21-2010

Welcome back to Runeterra News at Nine.

At approximately 3 PM Runeterra Central Time this afternoon a rabid mongoose was let into the storage shed Riot keeps their single server in by an employee known only as "hohums". When approached as to why he let the animal into the facility, "hohums" reply was "It looked cute and lonely and I wanted to give it a hug". The mongoose proceeded to chew on various wires and urinate on the server until the service was rendered unavailable, causing mass disconnects for a large portion of the playerbase. When asked if, in retrospect, the decision to let the rabid mongoose in had been a mistake, "hohums" responded "Could you repeat that? I was distracted by how delicious these tacos are".

Mistling

09-21-2010

That mongoose took my honorable win away...

I was so excited to be in a game with Slygoat... I even got first blood on him, but now I have no proof.

SlyGoat

09-21-2010

Quote:
Elleminist:
honorable win

wait, weren't you garen?

Strinqs

09-21-2010

Quote:
SlyGoat:
wait, weren't you garen?

I can tell when you switch into troll mode because you don't capitalize anything.

Also, +1 would read again

Ikhh

09-21-2010

Riot should allow crits to crit.

Mistling

09-21-2010

Yeah, I'm trying to dig myself out of my ELO bracket. As it happened, I grouped up with Daemonkel, who is a much higher ELO than I am. Usually, if I'm not Garen when I'm queued with him, I get stomped by the better players.

I'm pretty pathetic.