which combination should i use?

2 points in swiftness 3 100.00%
1 point is swiftness and 1 point in sage 0 0%
1 point in swiftness and 1 point in scout 0 0%
1 point in scout and 1 point in sage 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

mastery dilemma for sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thenewattacker

10-19-2012

i am sona and i got two points left for my masteries. i got three choices.
1.swiftness
2.scout
3.sage

how should i customize this?

Amatzikahni

10-19-2012

1 flash cd redux, 3 mana, 3 mana regen, 4 MS, 4 gold gen, 2 starting gold, 3 CDR, 1 mastery

The other 9 can either be in the Offense tree or 3 armor, 1 MR, 4 health/lvl, 1 health taking the point out of MR for mastery if you take Heal. If you're against a heavy MR comp, switch the armor for MR.

thenewattacker

10-20-2012

i dont need cdr masteries.
my build easily gives me 40% cdr

Amatzikahni

10-20-2012

The only CDR items I get are Shurelya's and a situational FH. That's 35%, and the mastery is 6% which caps you. If you go the offensive route, that's 4% so you can either take one or no points in the utility mastery for either 39% or 40% CDR. Ionian is a waste on Sona because you will have too many mana problems that early, and DFG is only useful for high AP champs (which a support Sona is not). If your team is lacking tanks and you want Randuin's over Locket (which I have yet to see in my games), then that's another 5% CDR which will cap you without masteries.

I'd assume then that the issue is with Athene's, and I never have enough gold to get that. Shurel, Locket, Aegis, FH, Zeke's, WotA, and Boots are more important items, albeit situational. Philo/Shurel should give you enough mana regen so that you always have a good supply when you enter a teamfight, and if you're running out too fast, then you need to improve your skill usage. 3000 gold can easily buy more useful items than Athene's.

This is all assuming that you're at a high enough Elo where supports are 0 CS and games don't last much longer than 25-30 minutes. If games last a while, or if you end up taking a lot of CS, you will have plenty more gold than you can shake a stick at, and you can splurge a bit with your income.

FilthiestMinx

10-20-2012

I totally agree!