Evelynn Mains: Is she still a good champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxanna Del Rey

02-15-2014

And how do you build her?

I use Hybrid pen runes to jungle with her, but I'm finding that she's a difficult champion to play in the current tank meta. Everyone expects a strong, tanky champ with good CC in the jungle (like Vi, Jarvan, etc.).

I do pretty well ganking early, but she falls off quite a bit. Am I building her wrong?

Mirage Night

02-15-2014

She has the ability to win games. Is she good, no. She fails at her theme. She has little balance options to make her a healthy champion and if she continues to win games, will more then likely be nerfed into the ground due to the lack of counter play currently available in her kit.

Luxanna Del Rey

02-15-2014

Has she been used in the LCS at all? If so, by what teams?

Mirage Night

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxanna Del Rey View Post
Has she been used in the LCS at all? If so, by what teams?
She has, by DiamondProx on Gambit. 3 of the 4 games she was used she won.

Luxanna Del Rey

02-15-2014

Are there any videos up? I'd like to get some tips.

I'm guessing she's really dependent on the enemy team comp since she can't just be useful all the time (unlike junglers like Vi or Lee Sin).

Tempname12324

02-15-2014

Try building her tanky, yourslef.
Rylai's Crystal Sceptre, Liandry's Torment, Sunfire Cape.
Rather than bursting, you're dealing consistent damage over time, and being tanky enough to stick around for a while to do that damage.

Uiraya

02-15-2014

If your team brings the cc, she can be great. If they don't...

Try dropping Flash for Exhaust, too. I haven't missed it. Plus, playing without Flash makes you do stupid things less frequently
~Uiru

Adolescentulum

03-18-2014

She can be really strong. Focus on ganking early and helping your team get a healthy lead. Later, you want to initiate with your aoe slow ult. They will start attacking you but you get a shield do its great initiate, especially from behind them.

Rush elder lizard because it helps your aa's and abilities. Then Randuins and merc treads to help you stick on ppl with the Randuins active. Triforce next is great for sheen procs off your q really often, extra ad and ap, move speed increase, and phage passive. Then banshees veil for extra tankiness. Last item I get is botrk for the active, extra damage, and attack speed if I need it, or just another tanks item like frozen Mallet or sunfire cape.

SmokingPuffin

03-18-2014

I think Eve is good but not great.

I am building SotEL and hybrid offense/defense items like Hexdrinker and Seeker's.

Ester With Pants

03-18-2014

lategame Evelynn falls off a cliff when people build their 6th defensive item. It's critically important that you are doing everything in your power to get gold, kills, dragons, and force down towers. If the game reaches the later state of the game, you're going to have to realize that without the ability to build last whipser or void staff, your targets are going to be limited, your contribution to the teamfight small, and you will be getting focused very, very hard. The most you can do is throw your ult with the initiate or as one, but quickly get out of there and try to move around to flank and hit enemies in the rear.
Mostly, her lategame revolves around getting either a lichbane or tryforce and splitpushing hard. She can clear waves incredibly fast with her Q, and get shred up towers as long as she can proc off her lichbane and use Ravenge on a minion.

A lot of people build her AD bruiser, but the reality is that you're trying to bandaid a weakness that you just can't escape. Evelynn is a squishy, glass cannon assassin, and you can't get away from that. Also, her AD path doesn't feature nearly as much firepower unless you are extremely good at landing autoattacks. However, you don't really have a lot of hard sticking power on an AD build. You do get a small speed boost, but it's nothing like the AD carries like Tryndamere or Fiora that glue themselves to their enemies and chop them up.
AP builds, mostly ones with Rylai's still work, but without void staff, you need an overwhelming amount of firepower and a huge snowball lead to take a game, otherwise, you're going to suffer a lot. Evelynn snowballs one way or the other, but recent changes have made it really hard to get things going in your favor unless you are astonishingly good with her.