The War on Valoran

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mgcgamer

09-16-2012

This is a fan fiction to go with my idea of having a weekly lore battle. If you aren't familiar with the idea, look at it here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=lore+battles
Enjoy reading it, please give any feedback. Thank you.

The sun was shining bright without a cloud in sight. It was the perfect day for the Crownguard family.
Lux and Garen had planned a pleasant birthday for their father, although he did not know. “Where are you two taking me?” Lord Crownguard asked. “It’s a surprise, you’ll see.” Lux replied.
After a few minutes of walking, Garen turns to his father and tells him, “You'll have to wear this blindfold.” Lord Crownguard takes the blindfold from his son's outstretched hand and puts it on. “Alright, this way father,” Lux states while guiding him.
As they turn the corner, Lux looks to her blindfolded parent. “Alright father, take-”
“Lord Crownguard, sir!” A tall man in a Demacian uniform runs up.
Lord Crownguard removed his blindfold and turns to man asking, “What is it? Can't you see I’m busy, spending the day with my children?”
"Yes sir, sorry sir." the Demacian soldier responds, obviously uncomfortable.
"What’s so important that it has to interrupt my father’s birthday?” Garen asks.
“I’m sorry sir, but this is important. If you could just read this...” The man hands Lord Crownguard a letter. He takes it and begins reading, below his breath. Lux, ever so curious, attempted to listen, but her father was reading too quietly. Then Lord Crownguard said one word out loud, “Noxus.” The name alone was enough for Lux to feel a chill go down her spine.
“If they’re involved, this must be serious,” Lux thought.
Her father finished reading and handed the letter back to the man. “Come, Garen, we have work to do.” “Of course, father.” Garen responded, suddenly alerted by the mention of Noxus. “Lux, return home. We will return later, once everything has been sorted out.” Lord Crownguard stated, leaving Lux to reply only with “Of course Father.”
The solider then gestures for the two Crownguard men to follow him. As they leave, Lux mumbles "Wonderful start to the day."
Without stopping, Garen, Lord Crownguard, and the man ran straight to the Demacian capital building. The three of them went into the meeting room of the building. The room was full of people, mostly soldiers, but a few faces stood out to Garen.
Xin Zhao was on the left side of the room, fidgeting with his spear. Shyvana, in her human for, was towards the back of the room. People seemed to be avoiding her, probably because every few seconds she would breathe out a small flame. In the front row, was Prince Jarvan the IV, polishing his lance. Then on the stage in the front, were the Wise Elders. They were just a bunch of wise men that have been alive since the First Rune War. Whatever they said however was always true. And finally, next to the Wise Elders, was King Jarvan III himself. With all these people here, Garen wondered exactly what was going on.
The man that brought Garen and Lord Crownguard here leaned over and whispers, "My Lord, your's and Garen's seats are up front next to Prince Jarvan." He points to two empty chairs next to Jarvan IV. Lord Crownguard and Garen walk up to the front row, aware that everyone was watching them. They sit down when they get to ttheir seats.
When they sit down, King Jarvan stands up. Following custom, everyone gets down on one knee and chants ,"King Jarvan, King of Demacia, defeat our foes and bring us victory!" "You may sit down, we'll skip formalities this time," King Jarvan announced.
Shocked, everyone sat down.
"Back to the matter at hand," one of the elder says in a quiet, feeble voice. "Yes, let us talk about that," King Jarvan says.
"What exactly is going on?" Garen asks. "I'm getting there," King Jarvan replies, "As all of you know, Noxus hasn't tried to conquer much land since the creation of the League. Excluding the Trial for the Isle and the Attack on Freljord."
"And, isn't that a good thing?" Xin Zhao asks curiously.
"Yes, but as everyone also knows, Noxus is power hungry and loves war," King Jarvan replies.
"I'm starting to see where this is going," says Lord Crownguard.
"Yes, for those of you who haven't caught on, Noxus is on the move again," King Jarvan announces. Chaos broke out in the crowd. Garen didn't think it was that big of a deal, they were talking about Noxus.
"Quiet!" Jarvan IV yells, pounding his lance on the ground. That made everyone be quiet. "My King, where is Noxus going to attack first?" Garen asks. There was a pause. Then King Jarvan replied with, "Ionia."
Everybody went crazy again. "Quiet!" Jarvan IV yelled again.
"What're we going to do?" a soldier asked. "Us? Nothing," King Jarvan replied.
"My king," Shyvana says, " What do you mean nothing?"
"Well, Ionia knows of this obviously, and they have requested us to not interfere with there business," King Jarvan replied, "They said that they don't want to rely on us, and have requested a League match with Noxus." "What for?" Garen asked. King Jarvan paused again. Then he replied with, "The Hirana Monastery in the northeastern parts of Ionia."
"Why there?" a soldier asks. "We don't know, but all that matters is what Noxus is doing and what is going to happen at the match." "Just wondering, Wise Elders, do you think Ionia can win without our help?" Lord Crownguard asks. There was a pause. There was no way to know if they were asleep.
Then, one of them replies with, "Of course, there fervor for their land will allow them to prevail."
"There you have it. The Wise Elders said that Ionia doesn't need our help, so they don't need it. After all they've never been wrong before," King Jarvan announces, "The match will be tonight at 7:30 and will be broadcasted in the dining hall. You may come if you want. Dinner will be served for free there. Meeting adjourned!" With that, everyone got up and started filing out the doors. "Come, let's go home and inform Lux of what's going on," Lord Crownguard told Garen. "Of course father."

AerithRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

...I'm sorry to be "that guy," but is there a way to make this.... um... less of a wall of text? New paragraph for a new speaker and such? My eyes crossed XD
(sorry...)

W4ddleBuff

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerithRayne View Post
...I'm sorry to be "that guy," but is there a way to make this.... um... less of a wall of text? New paragraph for a new speaker and such? My eyes crossed XD
(sorry...)
But my friend, that's the point. I believe the author is aiming to make this fanfic in THREE-DEEEEEE.

So it's either you cross your eyes, or you somehow obtain a pair of red and blue 3D glasses.

mgcgamer

09-16-2012

There, I have made it easier for the eyes. I meant to do that but forgot to.

AerithRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

I'll just come back to this in a few days when I've caught up on my sleep. Sorry 'bout that, mgcgamer!

mgcgamer

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerithRayne View Post
I'll just come back to this in a few days when I've caught up on my sleep. Sorry 'bout that, mgcgamer!
No problem, I appreciate your feedback.