Yorick is still the most OP champion on this map

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spreadfred

09-18-2012

since they havent been mentioned, AP malz and singed also work quite well against yorick, as they can easily kill the ghouls before the ghouls reach them.
i've heard (ranged) adcs also work, since they can (also) kill the ghouls before they reach their target, and, with some lifesteal, usually just heal off the ghouls as well. however, i haven't seen enough adcs go bot to truly evaluate this.

BeefJerkyHunter

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango027 View Post
OPchamp beats OPchamp, true story
True statement.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadfred View Post
since they havent been mentioned, AP malz and singed also work quite well against yorick, as they can easily kill the ghouls before the ghouls reach them.
i've heard (ranged) adcs also work, since they can (also) kill the ghouls before they reach their target, and, with some lifesteal, usually just heal off the ghouls as well. however, i haven't seen enough adcs go bot to truly evaluate this.
My usual go to is Riven. She has enough AoE to kill the ghouls and is immune to Yoricks W so he can't really kite her. Her steroid with some lifesteal is also insane. I'm rusty at that match-up, yet i can still play it in my favor. Caitlyn can also work as she can harass and wave clear from safe distances. BunnayStar beat a Yorick with prenerf AP tristana, which was quite funny to watch. Mordekaiser can also do it, just be aware that you won't get a Morde ghost until both Yorick and his Revenant have died.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-18-2012

Nyx how do you build Riven and what do you skill? I've managed to beat Yorick early, but then I lose around levels 9 to 11.

Prospectors + boots + pots -> ninja tabi -> vamp scepter. I can generally get a kill before I get tabi, and one right after tabi. Once I get the Vamp scepter I start to lose. I max Q and all in Yorick.

Yellow Jester

09-19-2012

1: yorick steamrolls pretty much everything once he's farmed up lategame. The turret is laughable as a deterrent. You can't escape his 500 movespeed and slow from ghouls and phage proc
2: why should you have to pick from 4 or 5 out of over 100 champions just to not auto-lose to a champion? X champion has counters, therefore they are balanced is a bull**** argument. There is no way to counter-play a champion that sustains through most harassment and blocks all of your skillshots while building a huge push wave.

Fabs457

09-19-2012

Early game jayce or ad malz is still a pain in the butt for yorick bot lane... 2lvl ult/lategame sure, he's strong and can tower dive/1v1 at will with 'R'..., but thats with the assumption bot is still a 1v1 encounter. The opposing team should be roaming/putting pressure for bot-ganks. Ideally you shouldn't allow your bot to be pushed/dived non-stop or let the yorick free-farm all game long. Yorick is strong but he's still susceptible to ganks

Overall I think Kass puts much more pressure on the entire map

Elalya

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post
This is sort of a semantic nitpick but I disagree with the notion that "can potentially tie him/get a little over him" = "counter him."

Counter is like "I took Taric, they took Sivir." Not "well a really good Ashe can beat Ezreal 1v1 if the stars align correctly."
Play Udyr. He beats him all game.
Play Maokai. He stalls him all game.
Play Nunu. The lane goes either way, but Nunu generally had an advantage.

This is not nitpicking, this is experience from a lot of games as Yorick.