Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help Me Memorize Cards using LoL!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whail

09-21-2010

Hey guys,
So I recently joined my school's Memory Team. Basically, we train to be able to do stuff like remember a lot of numbers, decks of cards, names/faces, etc. The main unifying trick for remembering stuff is visualizing. For example, numbers are remembered by associating letters to digits, then forming words, then forming images of those words in a familiar place in your head (I imagine my room).
The recommended method for memorizing decks of cards is to associate a static image with each of the 52 cards. You guys can see where this is going . Do you guys have any suggestions? Here's what I thought up so far, but maybe you guys can think of something more intuitive:
Each number is part of a class, and best to worst in each class is Spades, Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds (best suit to worst suit for most card games)
2=queue dodge tier heroes like Eve... idk who else (Teemo Mundo Tryn?)
3=Mages (3 is like a sideways M)
4-9=not sure, maybe off-tanks, and non-top tier heroes
10=best farming heroes?
Jacks=Top 4 support Heroes
Queens=Top 4 Female Heroes
Kings=Top 4 Tanks
Aces=Top 4 Carries

Any suggestions would be great . Perhaps it would be better to have each SUIT be a class (so like Spades=Carry/Nuke/DPS, Hearts=Tanks, etc.) and smallest to biggest represents bottom to top tier?

tl;dr I want to associate a hero with each card (52 cards, 1-13, 4 suits) in a way that intuitively makes sense

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whail

09-21-2010

bump,
also some links if people are interested in learning more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic_major_system
http://www.usamemorychampionship.com/Records/Records.htm