How many toxic players have ruined your game play?

1 2 13.33%
5 1 6.67%
10 1 6.67%
15 + 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Frustrated Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eddybreezy

07-08-2013

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but its becoming very troubling to me as of late. Does the tribunal system actually work? Mainly I speak to Ranked situations because just for example I set my mind for getting out of Bronze. And every single time I get to my series two games there is either a DC OR we get placed with all Bronze 5 vs 2-3 Silver division. So, I guess I'm asking two things. Does the Ranked queue actually queue up keeping in mind the people on each side or is it random? And second, does the actual tribunal make it less likely you will play against a player that has been deemed toxic?

I'm only posting this because I'm probably going to uninstall because there's no point in trying to get out if the Ranked queue just keeps placing you in games with toxic players forcing you either backwards with your Ranked progress, or causing you to be stuck in a Division to rot.

I would just like to have my mind put at ease at the case of actually weeding out toxic players one by one because I seem to have a magnet for them. Good luck in the future of your company, but I'm gonna stop wasting my time trying to be good in a game that doesn't reward you for bringing your best to the table.

KittyPrawn

07-08-2013

The only way the Tribunal makes it less likely that you will play against a player that has been deemed toxic is if they are banned. Riot does not believe in a "Prisoner's Island" type environment. They believe in allowing people the chance to reform. If they have not been banned, you can still play with them.

gnfnrf

07-08-2013

You present two scenarios in your post, and ask if the Tribunal works to prevent them.

As far as I can tell, neither scenario is one that the Tribunal is intended to manage.

1.) A DC on your team. People who leave games are regulated by LeaverBuster, not the Tribunal, and it seems to work reasonably well. Nothing can prevent a player from leaving a game, but habitual leavers are quickly and easily spotted and encouraged to finish their games with escalating bans.

2.) A skill disparity on your team. The Tribunal cannot and will not ban bad players. Every player is bad, when compared to a better player. The system that governs player skill is the MMR and matchmaking system, not the Tribunal.

In both of these cases, however, these sorts of players (bad players and DCs) are statistically more likely to occur on the other team than on your team, because you don't leave games a lot (Right?) and you are never worse than yourself. If, despite this advantage, you are still in Bronze, perhaps the system is working, and you are placed appropriately for your skill level.

meadow

07-08-2013

@OP, gnfnrf has explained to you that the situations are not handled by the Tribunal.

Secondly, another part of your text states that you are paired VS silver. You must understand the following:

The system MMR manages your chances. In most cases you will have a 50% chance on winning. So you would win and lose the same on average.

If the chance is higher that you win, you gain little LP and lose more LP.
If the chance is lower that you win, you gain more LP and lose less LP. Like in the case of your entire full bronze vs silver. This is actually good because the system thinks your MMR is that of Silver 3+ so if you would win... Your MMR goes up and so does your LP.

Thirdly, we've seen "Pro" players going out from Bronze to Diamond. It's not impossible. I've been able to promote all the way from Silver Div4 to Div1 now by sheer skill. Now just got to win with the team. ^^

Again, its MMR/Matchmaking that handles matches. Not the Tribunal, we're judging cases after people reported them.

Just Mid

07-08-2013

You're poll isn't fair. You should include the answer "none" seeing as there could be some people who have never experienced toxicity within a game.

Shelzin

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
You present two scenarios in your post, and ask if the Tribunal works to prevent them.

As far as I can tell, neither scenario is one that the Tribunal is intended to manage.

1.) A DC on your team. People who leave games are regulated by LeaverBuster, not the Tribunal, and it seems to work reasonably well. Nothing can prevent a player from leaving a game, but habitual leavers are quickly and easily spotted and encouraged to finish their games with escalating bans.

2.) A skill disparity on your team. The Tribunal cannot and will not ban bad players. Every player is bad, when compared to a better player. The system that governs player skill is the MMR and matchmaking system, not the Tribunal.

In both of these cases, however, these sorts of players (bad players and DCs) are statistically more likely to occur on the other team than on your team, because you don't leave games a lot (Right?) and you are never worse than yourself. If, despite this advantage, you are still in Bronze, perhaps the system is working, and you are placed appropriately for your skill level.
Sweet post.

sweetbo

07-08-2013

I find that the worthless noobs are more of a problem than the so called toxic players.

If you are too sensitive than that is your own issue.

Martyrfartang

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbo View Post
I find that the worthless noobs are more of a problem than the so called toxic players.

If you are too sensitive than that is your own issue.
if you are overly sensitive to playing with new or unskilled players, that is your own issue. if you think it is ok to treat people like **** over a game, that is also your own issue.

sweetbo

07-08-2013

A toxic player can easily be muted, not that hard.

As far as noobs go, sometimes you can't fix stupid. And their is no button to stop them unfortunately.