Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Countering Miss Fortune mid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sbudeeG

09-22-2010

Quote:
kijik:
stand, in between, your ranged, and your melee creeps.

she can no longer Q you for half your **** life, problem solved.

You mean the Q that jumps to the second row and actually does MORE damage on the second hit? Yeah... behind that first line of minions is riiiiight where MF wants you... Think about it. In my personal opinion, there are only two reasons a MF would ever target you specifically with her Q during lane phase: No other target, or noob MF. You want to stand behind your ranged, so that you get a good heads up that it is coming, so you can take a step to the side, placing you farther away than the next ranged creep. As soon as she steps forward go to the nearest edge of the creep wall, then as she fires on the nearby creep, take a step forward, as it only ricochets behind the initial target. Voila, you have just avoided MF's Q and put yourself in range to counter in one simple movement.

Nederlands

09-22-2010

Quote:
ShinĂ´by:
ive still been maining MF and still loving her... most trouble i have is kat, in general, b/c her shunpo range is redundant, and with ability combos + exhaust ignite, it kinda hurts.... pantheon is a toughy b/c of his block (and stun isnt fun to deal with either) and malzahar and vlad also are tough when played correctly.. i have also however completely dominated a vlad before but i put that off on him being bad.... any mobile champ that isnt afraid to take a little bit of damage and just stand up to her can give her issues.. she has no cc and she cant just stand there and auto attack to take you down

I've been maining Miss Fortune as well and I've only had trouble with a Malzahar so far. I've been destroying Kog'Maws, Ezreals, Morganas, Ashes in mid.
Really the only counter to her constant harass is to stay to the SIDE of your melee minions, and anticipate on her shots so you can step forward to dodge it.

GmanSix

09-22-2010

The only two toons I play mid are Vlad and Karthus. With Vlad, I have no problems harassing and irritating most MFs I play against. Sanguine Pool is a quick escape mechanism if I have accidentally gotten myself within the 'bounce' arc of her Q. With Karthus, I just need to keep moving, which is OK because I am typically spamming Lay Waste anyhow (depending on how my mana looks, of course). I also use the slowing wall to mess with her if I feel like getting up close and personal.

JLP2005

09-22-2010

When I play Nidalee, I don't have any problems with MF. I time my counter pushes when her Double-up is on cooldown, just tapping her a few times and then retreating behind the 2nd row of creeps and try to goad her into using it again. Long story short, if you play correctly you'll starve her of mana and unless she's got a meki pendant (and even then) she won't last against Nidalee's heal and generally longer range.

Around level 5 I tend to get a little heavier on spell usage to goad MF into pushing harder and leading her to believe I'm defenseless when I have no mana. If she's around 40% health at this time (which she usually is), as SOON as I get to level 6 I cougar form, pounce, flash, and then just burst her down.

Works every time. Miss Fortune is a great solomid, but she lacks the sustainability that champs like Nidalee have.

CarbunkleFlux

09-22-2010

She does not seem to be able to do a whole lot against an extremely defensive Heimerdinger in early mid. The problem is that an extremely defensive Heimerdinger gets to just kind of standby and call mia when she inevitably gets an item or two and goes to gank, because he just can't risk pushing too aggressively in mid.

Scattaman

09-22-2010

Morde is very good against her as well... I usually put creeping death on my melee minions which keeps her from running in and using her Q and as soon as I have my shield up I will run in and beat on her a bit... if she hits me then its just shield damage... eventually I whittle her down to an ult and ignite kill or to the point where she has to blue pill... either one works for me...